Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Qelques photos de mon voyage à Athènes en septembre dernier.

1.Syndagma (centrum van de stad)

2.Ermou

3.stade olympique/olympische stadium (1896)

4.Zappeion (Université/Universiteit)

5.La Plaka (naast de Akropolis/ à coté de l'acropole)

6.Akropolis

7. Autres photos d'Athènes/andere beelden van Athene

8. Griekse Forum / Forum Grec

9. Egina (1h15 en bateau au large d'Athènes)

10."Le mont Lycabette"

·
nikolaidis
170 Posts
Ha Athene. Daar in dat centrum ben ik ooit eens samen met een vriend bijna overhoop gereden door een BMW en een Mercedes die aan het racen waren.
Dat was ( achteraf ) wel lachen.

Dat Parthenon blijft knap. En zeggen dat het Parthenon zo'n 300 jaar geleden nog in uitstekende staat was. Spijtig genoeg hadden de Turken er hun buskruit in opgeslagen en viel er een bom op...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 grec sur 3 vit à Athènes, près de 30% de la population Grecque vit à Athènes ou sa périphérie. 3.5-4 millions d'habitants.

·
Registered
628 Posts
L'acropolis est imposante, mais la ville ne m'impressione pas. Je n'aime pas les bâtiments ordinaire.

Très belles photos!

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,109 Posts
Mille merci pour les photos.

Alors je vous presente une visage differente de cette ville la ou se trouvent les installations Olympiques, au nord du centre historique de la ville.

And pardon my rusty French but I wish to thank you for your thread here. I dedicate to you this panorama I made from a junction in Kifissias Avenue where several Olympic installations, including the Athens Olympic stadium are depicted.

Not to forget the new Athens on the rise in the northern parts of the city: Worth seing!!!

Panorama from left to right of the OAKA AThens Olympic Stadium, and the two Press and Media Centres, total floor space, approx. 150,000 sq. metres. Taken from Kifissias Avenue on the junction with Spyros Louis Avenue.

This is a collage from four different photos I took just a year ago.

And I also invite you to explore our forum, especially the picture threads for Athens. Worth seing. And again, thanks for the beautiful thread and pics!!!

·
Funk me
807 Posts
JA hoe staat het nu met die grote stadia's veel van die grote gebouwen staan nu leeg en en verkommeren omdat ze niet weten wat er mee aan te vangen!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gm2263 said:
Mille merci pour les photos.

Alors je vous presente une visage differente de cette ville la ou se trouvent les installations Olympiques, au nord du centre historique de la ville.

And pardon my rusty French but I wish to thank you for your thread here. I dedicate to you this panorama I made from a junction in Kifissias Avenue where several Olympic installations, including the Athens Olympic stadium are depicted.

Not to forget the new Athens on the rise in the northern parts of the city: Worth seing!!!

Panorama from left to right of the OAKA AThens Olympic Stadium, and the two Press and Media Centres, total floor space, approx. 150,000 sq. metres. Taken from Kifissias Avenue on the junction with Spyros Louis Avenue.

This is a collage from four different photos I took just a year ago.

And I also invite you to explore our forum, especially the picture threads for Athens. Worth seing. And again, thanks for the beautiful thread and pics!!!
Thank you for your visit on .BE Forum ;)

Can you tell us what is happened with all these olympic facilities since the end of the games 2004. Are they abandoned or are they used regularly ?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Some are used, some are not in use.

In the main complex:

Olympic Stadium (football), Arena (basket) and Indoor Swimming Arena (water polo) are used regularly. Tennis and Velodrome are used only sometimes....

Do you guys mind if I add some photos of Athens here? (not to much)

·
Registered
12,504 Posts
nikolaidis said:
Dat Parthenon blijft knap. En zeggen dat het Parthenon zo'n 300 jaar geleden nog in uitstekende staat was. Spijtig genoeg hadden de Turken er hun buskruit in opgeslagen en viel er een bom op...
Misschien beter zo. Anders zou het Parthenon niet zo uniek geweest zijn. Het is net zo met de toren van Pisa, als die recht was had er geen haan naar gekraait.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Christos7 said:
Some are used, some are not in use.

In the main complex:

Olympic Stadium (football), Arena (basket) and Indoor Swimming Arena (water polo) are used regularly. Tennis and Velodrome are used only sometimes....

Do you guys mind if I add some photos of Athens here? (not to much)
he he with pleasure!!!

It's always beneficial to discover new pictures of a country/city.

If you have some pictures of "Hydra" it could be very interesting. I've heard that Hydra is so beautiful. But I didn't travel to this island for lack of time during my holidays (and also for lack of money ;))!

:)

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,109 Posts
First of all, Hello to Stephan and all the Belgian friends here.

As at now, the Olympic Installations are used for various activities. The indoor Hall for instance will host the Eurovision song contest in mid-may. The stadium has been used as a race track for special car races, in additon to its regular use by football teams.

However, the state has already organised a body which will be given the authority to manage all the Olympic Estates as they call them. For several uses, i.e. the management of the architectural "park" that has been created by Santiago Calatrava on the open spaces of the main Olympic complex, a tender has been announced for the submission of offers for the use of the various estates by priveta investors. The process is in progress as the use of a large part of the installations will be given to the hands of the private sector, including some 150,000 square metres of commercial floor space from the International Broadcasting Centre and the Main Press centre. So, we have lots to see in the next few months...

Truth is I don't know about whether a specific team using the stadium but I don't think so. Probably they are using it on a rotation basis as their home depending on the matches in question.

Also, the Indoor Basketball court in the Hellenicon coastal suburb will be used fror the international anti-globalization forum to be held from 4-7 May in Athens. In addition, the Taekwondo Stadium in the renovated coastal zone is now officially the new Athens Congress and Conventions Hall.

Pictures of the new Congress Hall, used as the Taekwondo stadium:

Beach Volley Stadium (now a major openair Concert Hall where many contemporary bands have performed ) and in the background there is the renovated Peace and Friebdship stadium. In the foreground we see some additional Olympic installations.

And, in order not to forget the Main Olympic complex, here are some distant photos

From the Hymettus Mountain, some 5 minutes from where I live

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,109 Posts
Et quelques panos exclusifs pour nos amis Belges

-Collage depicting the Olympic Stadium at various stages of construction made by me. All pics taken from the Hymettus mountain

From Penteli Mountain (Athens is built on a plateau surrounded by mountains )

From the Attikon Alsos Hill

And some bonuses:

Image from the centre of Athens after the renovation for the Olympics

The New Athens in the northern suburbs: Looking at the intersection of the Athens Rong road with Kifissias Avenue

I hope you enjoyed them.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
De Snor said:
which football team is using the Olympic Stadium outside the national team ?

Panathinaikos and AEK.

And actually, the national team does not use the Olympic Stadium, because the fans are to far away from the action with the track. They use the Karaiskaki stadium (home of Olympiakos: http://www.stadia.gr/karaiskaki/karaiskaki.html )

Brussels-east said:
he he with pleasure!!!

It's always beneficial to discover new pictures of a country/city.

If you have some pictures of "Hydra" it could be very interesting. I've heard that Hydra is so beautiful. But I didn't travel to this island for lack of time during my holidays (and also for lack of money ;))!

:)

Thanks. :) Yes, Hydra is very beautiful island.... it's worth the visit next time if you have the chance. :eek:kay: I can certainly post some pictures for you.... In the meantime you can visit this topic and find the topic on Hydra (under "Aegean islands") in the Greek section, to see some pictures. http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=238175 (I will try to find some better for you)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Here are a few "high" pics of Athens from the Greek forum....

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We can observe that there isn't any CBD in Athens. I've read on a greek thread that there is a debate about this fact.

Am I wrong ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts