SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

That horrible parking garage is history. 4Seasons hotel and residence is on the way at 1st and Union across from WaMu/SAM Center.

Jammin' at the Triple Door's Music Aquarium Lounge. Salsa on Sunday night.

One of my favorite markets in Seattle. Located in the International District.

St. James Cathedral

Downtown condos

Hope you enjoyed.:)

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Wow, I like your pictures!
So locally feel and touching!

I love this viewing vantage!

·
Registered
432 Posts
nice photos! but i was waiting for something else to load.. unfortunately it wasnt in your photos.. where is seattle public library??

·
Life's too short not to
346 Posts
ChicagoSkyline said:
Wow, I like your pictures!
So locally feel and touching!

I love this viewing vantage!

Yeah thats a nice background there.

·
Journeyman
16,819 Posts
tiger said:
What does international district mean?It's specially for foreigners?
Basically it's because the neighborhood is now a mix of Filipino, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, and others, rather than just "Chinatown" as it was called 20 or 30 years ago. Technically I think it's called "International District / Chinatown" but few people know that, and call it the ID.

Of course it's a long, long story. For example, there used to be a "Japantown" or Nihonmachi until WWII rolled around. (War camps, a shameful episode in American history...)

·
Registered
3 Posts

I got this pic as my desktop, I took it from what looks like the same place as the other skyline pic. They put those x-mas tree lights on the top of the needle in December.

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Nice shots !

·
Neanderthal
956 Posts
six453 said:
nice photos! but i was waiting for something else to load.. unfortunately it wasnt in your photos.. where is seattle public library??
The Downtown Library is at Fourth and Madison. I have a few pictures here I took last summer:

The last one is right outside, looking at the Washington Mutual Tower.

These are fantastic pics, pwright1. I'd advise everyone to check out pwright's other Seattle photo threads, they are just as fantastic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts