Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well..
Yesterday we headed out with my friend Janno and planned to shoot photos of Tallinn from different angles. Eventually it turned out it was far more time consuming than we expected and we only managed to visit 4 different places. All these pictures are made by my friend. I was the driver and photoshopper :D
Not too many pictures but a 512MB memory got used to it's fullest thanks to panoramas consisting on many photos and very high quality.
Let's start with downtown.

This buiding on the left is called Foorum and was just opened. We tried to capture the angles on the ground and on the facade.

The building next to it. Actually the glass exterior is just a modern skin. The building itself under the facade is still quite unchange though renovated.

Another angle. A bit of Foorum seen on the left.

Hotel Tallink on the right and Viru Centre on the left.

Viru Centre

The building on the left is actually a parking building. We really liked the pixelated glass exterior and were rather suprised that it wasn't a office building or something.

A few steps from the parking building. The sky is full of stuff :D

This is officially my favourite building in Tallinn. Especially the overhanging part.

Another one with the headquarters of a bank.

Different angle.

Two glass giants. Ok actually three :)

Moving away from the centre.. These photos are taken from the roof of a commie concert and entertainment arena which is unfortunately in quite bad condition at the moment.

And a HUGE panorama. Click..

We thought that we wouldn't photograph construction updates but Rotermanni area deserves a chance. They are trying to preserve the presence of the historical industrial buidlings. A friend of mine is some sort of executive there and he said they'll have many years of construction work there to come.

Ok then. Now moving further away from the centre. These are taken from Pirita. It was a particulary beatiful evening.

The skyline.

We took this picture to show you a memorial dedicated to fallen Russian soldiers. For those who are familiar with the bronze soldier conflict in Estonia. I just wanted to show a beautiful memorial in a even more beautiful place and for some reason our Russians only cared for a statue near a trolley stop. /end of serious talk.

And a nice panorama :)

Ok this is it for this time :) We have a lot of places to visit in Tallinn and show you these aswell in the near future. Let's hope for nice weather and warm evenings!
Cheers!

·
always on
4,825 Posts
Splendid pictures:) Rotermanni is just to die for! o_O :D
And yeah Tallinn is bigger then it is in our minds :D, i always plan to go there and here and everywhere and yet only manage to stay in the city centre.... darn it!

·
commieblock enthusiast
452 Posts
Many nice pics here! Like first two and the City Plaza pics. That City Plaza is my favourite also but I'm a bit afraid walking under that 3-storey thing flying on the air, hovering over the street... :) That can't be that three floors just hang in the air above you. Next, this looks very good. And Admirali building here. Few days ago I came from lunch with my fellow worker by car and we were right here. He had Energy FM turned on with a super cool hard bass hard beat techno-house track. I was really surprised that such music comes from an FM radio! Suddenly I saw tha building and that was a perfect match with music! Renovated WTCT little forward even made the match stronger.

·
Registered
129 Posts
and for some reason our Russians only cared for a statue near a trolley stop.
This place was build way later and simply because Tõnismägi could not fit evrebody on May 9th.Marjamägi never had the same symbolic meaning (no soldiers buried there) and veterans never liked to go there.
Removing that trolleybus stop would be simple solution.But Estonians dont go easy way.

·
mumbling imprecations
1,448 Posts
Excellent, jkk! :applause:

Fabulous panoramas and great shots overall. The Rotermanni area is fascinating, and I hope they'll indeed preserve and incorporate as much of the old industrial buildings as possible into the new quarter. :eek:kay:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts