SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, what shit weather it is, so there's no exterior shots. nonetheless here's some of the inside of chichester cathedral, just a rag-tag of stuff i found mildly interesting when pottering around.

·
Pompodian in Exile
1,791 Posts
Ahh Chi the town of my birth. Lovely pics Gothic. What brings you to Chichester?

Can highly recommend the new Belle Isle for a drink or a bite to eat if your still there. :cheers:

·
Administrator
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am visiting all the cathedrals in the UK. actually i've been working on a new book for years, and yes it's lovely.

when it stops raining i'll go to portsmouth!

·
Pompodian in Exile
1,791 Posts
That's quite a task isn't it? How many cathedrals are there in the UK?

The Anglican cathedral in Pompey's quite strange really, all bits and pieces, it's not even the largest CofE church in the city.

·
Administrator
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
depends on how you count them. i'm doing great churches too... i suppose pro-cathedrals as you'd put it - think boston stump or tewkesbury abbey.

·
Administrator
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's not a member of the great churches group but i looked it up and wow! how tall is it?

i'll probably visit it, visited st bart's in brighton today (the ceiling is over 100ft tall).

·
Pompodian in Exile
1,791 Posts
The towers about 50m I think. Can be seen all over the city. The standout feature is the hammerbeam roof though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts