SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Went to Boston this past week for my birthday just for the sake of going there and seeing it. It is an amazing city and the week I spent there just flew by. Of all the American cities I've been to, this one reminded me the most of Melbourne. With the old brick buildings co-existing with modern high-rises, plentiful parks, bushy tree covered streets, small laneways, a more cultural and educated scene,and a feeling of cleanliness, it was almost like a parallel universe. Anyway hope you enjoy the pictures:

South End along Massachusetts Ave

John Hancock- Tallest building in New England

The Prudential Tower

Views from the Prudential Tower- Looking toward Newbury St/Charles River

Big John, One of my favourite 70's boxes

Yours truly

Fenway Park

Boston Common

·
Goddess of Winter
2,537 Posts
Your pictures are stunning -- thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm glad you had a good time in Melbourne's official Sister City! And I must agree with your observations on the similarities between Melbourne and Boston - when I last visited Australia, I was blown away with how much Melbourne felt like my home city.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Amazing pictures of Boston. I think your pictures capture the feeling of Boston better than any I've seen for a long time.

Did you make it to Cambridge? It's just a cross The Charles River!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amazing pictures of Boston. I think your pictures capture the feeling of Boston better than any I've seen for a long time.

Did you make it to Cambridge? It's just a cross The Charles River!
Thank you so much callanoj. I totally fell in love with the city because it reminded me so much of home and I could totally picture myself living there, but I don't reckon I could deal with the winters, brrr!!!! But it was a magnificient city and one you should be very proud of. I've decided that I'm a Red Sox fan now :)

I did make it to Cambridge on the last day I was there, but my camera had run out of battery power and I couldn't take any more pictures. But it was simply stunning over there. The churches left me speechless

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thank you so much callanoj. I totally fell in love with the city because it reminded me so much of home and I could totally picture myself living there, but I don't reckon I could deal with the winters, brrr!!!! But it was a magnificient city and one you should be very proud of. I've decided that I'm a Red Sox fan now :)

I did make it to Cambridge on the last day I was there, but my camera had run out of battery power and I couldn't take any more pictures. But it was simply stunning over there. The churches left me speechless
I'm glad you liked Boston. it's an amazing city and it's very different from other USA cities, in my opinion.

Did you get to go to a Red Sox game?

By the way, I'm a big NicK Cave fan. Being from Melbourne, I'm assuming you know who he is.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beautiful. From where did you take the arial pictures? What floor were you on?
Did you get to go to a Red Sox game?
The aerial shots are from the 50th floor of the Prudential Tower. It was a very good observation deck (called the Skywalk) and was blantantly touristy, but had some really good info about Boston and American immigration.

Does John Hancock have an observation deck as well?

Couldn't make it to a Red Sox, but would've loved to. Hopefully next time I visit your beautiful city I will

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Ijust like these pics, they blew me away I think am being a bit bias here... Well I hope you had a good time here in Hub.

·
Banned
2,429 Posts
sweet pics, I love Boston because of the mellow tone to it and Boston Red Soxs :rock: o and the bars too :cheers:

·
Banned
4,399 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Lovely pics!

The John Hancock does have an observation deck, however it has been closed for security reasons, or whatever they like to call them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Awesome pics. This was one of the best times to take them too since most trees were flowering at the time. It's my favourite time of the year in Boston.

·
DJ Michael
465 Posts
VERY VERY GOOD PICTURES!!!! Great Job!!!! I love how dense Boston is with all of the wall to wall buildings as well as highrises mixed in. Great Job!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
The CA/T parks are collectively known as the Rose F. Kennedy Greenway. You can type that into image search engines and find pictures. Hope that helps.

Coming again to this thread was really nice. Thank you so much again for posting it.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
"Went to Boston this past week for my birthday just for the sake of going there and seeing it. It is an amazing city and the week I spent there just flew by. Of all the American cities I've been to, this one reminded me the most of Melbourne."

My friend from Melbourne said that about Philly. Either way I would say its a compliment.
My friends from Boston say that Sydney is more like Boston. I also heard that Toronto is lot like Melbourne. What other US cities have you visited festiboi? Melbourne seems a lot bigger than Boston right?

Boston is a gem especially in the Fall and Spring. Summers are relatively quiet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts