SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 3861 Posts

·
Veteran
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

MAIN PROJECT| Expansion of Thika Road from a four to eight-lane superhighway.

PROJECT 2|Widening of University Way to eight lanes from six, four lane fly over across Globe Roundabout, widening of Murang’a Road to six lanes, underpass at Pangani, flyover on Muthaiga roundabout and provision of footpaths.

PROJECT 3|On the Forest Road – Museum Road – Museum Hill roundabout section, construction works will involve widening of Forest Road to six lanes from four lanes, widening of Museum Hill road to six lanes, provision of forked fly-over on Limuru Road and provision of footpaths.

PROJECT 4|The Muthaiga roundabout-KU section has been designed as a high-speed highway with limited access and exits. The proposed improvements on this section include widening of carriageway to eight lanes- (Muthaiga – Kasarani) and 6 lanes (Kasarani – KU).

PROJECT 5| Provision of service roads intermittently, construction of underpasses at Kahawa and KU, provision of interchange at GSU roundabout, flyovers at Kasarani and Githurai roundabouts, underpass at former Nakumatt Thika Road site, subway at Survey of Kenya and provision of footpaths.

PROJECT 6| KU-Thika section include widening the carriageway to six lanes up to Juja and maintaining the existing provision of service roads, construction of six lane flyover at Eastern Bypass, intermittent service roads, underpass at Ruiru sports club and at Mang’u High School as well as provision of footpaths.

COST of PROJECT| 31 Billion Kenya Shillings

DATE OF COMPLETION| 2012

·
Registered
10,745 Posts
Progress report:

They are now preparing to construct pillars for the dual carriage flyover over the globe cinema roundabout. (Project 2).

Widening of the highway around KU (Project 4).

·
real gooner
4,651 Posts
^^ kenguy i think they will be no problem of you updating us since the lauching of the seacom fibre optic :) internet will be faster for uploading and posting:lol: kidding. anyway thanks for the good update as usual

·
Registered
10,745 Posts
^^ kenguy i think they will be no problem of you updating us since the lauching of the seacom fibre optic :) internet will be faster for uploading and posting:lol: kidding. anyway thanks for the good update as usual
Im using a wireless connection and its still damn slow. But some cyber cafes in town are really fast. For someone who is used to making a cup of coffee waiting for downloads you can guess my reaction accessing fast connection.:banana:

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Im using a wireless connection and its still damn slow. But some cyber cafes in town are really fast. For someone who is used to making a cup of coffee waiting for downloads you can guess my reaction accessing fast connection.:banana:
btw do you think that most kenyans in urban centres really understand the possibilities that super fast broadband brings?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
They are going to create a flyover over the Globe Roundabout. The Globe Roundabout should have been converted into a green space.

·
Registered
10,745 Posts
They are going to create a flyover over the Globe Roundabout. The Globe Roundabout should have been converted into a green space.
Half of the roundabout was turned into a matatu terminus while the other half has been fenced off for this project. Though I guess the flyover project will still leave a large green space in this other half when its complete.

1 - 20 of 3861 Posts