Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
cool.

I remember seeing the Space Shuttle arriving on the back of a modified jumbo years ago...saw it from school playing fields.

·
15,713 Posts
damn birmingham and its shorter runway....

will be a sight to see....... shame it will be a few years yet till we see it regularly

·
M.O.
389 Posts
An A380 is due to make the type's first-ever visit to the UK this Thursday (18th) but I can't find any info about it coming to Manchester. The plane concerned is exhibiting at the Berlin airshow, its first official public appearance in Germany, from tomorrow until Sunday but will depart from there early on Thursday morning bound for the UK and perform fly-bys at BAe Broughton (the plant near Chester) at 1140 and then BAe Filton (Bristol) at 1210. It'll then fly on to Heathrow landing at around 1320 to allow docking and general airfield compatibility trials to take place. After night-stopping, it'll head back to Berlin departing at around 0555. Even at this late stage, as far as I can tell, no-one is suggesting a visit to Manchester is also planned but if someone knows differently then that's fine by me.

There was mention of an A380 returning to the UK on June 10th to tie-in with employee Family Days at the two BAe plants mentioned above, including a landing at Filton (it can't land at Chester), as well as a rumoured fly-through at Manchester but this later visit is reported as cancelled due to the aircraft being required for additional flight development testing on that date.

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
http://www.ringwayreports.co.uk/whatsdue.htm

Thursday 18 May 2006
Aircraft ID Aircraft Type Airline / Owner / Operator Flight ID ETA ETD Information
- B738 Air Europa AEA 191/192 12:20 13:20 -
- B733 Thomsonfly TOM 3324/4167 18:10 12:40 -

·
15,713 Posts
i havent found any plans either for it to visit manchester and it would appear the only different planes u can expect thurs is thhe 737-800 and 737-300 stated above......

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
TheMerseyOrange said:
An A380 is due to make the type's first-ever visit to the UK this Thursday (18th) but I can't find any info about it coming to Manchester. The plane concerned is exhibiting at the Berlin airshow, its first official public appearance in Germany, from tomorrow until Sunday but will depart from there early on Thursday morning bound for the UK and perform fly-bys at BAe Broughton (the plant near Chester) at 1140 and then BAe Filton (Bristol) at 1210. It'll then fly on to Heathrow landing at around 1320 to allow docking and general airfield compatibility trials to take place. After night-stopping, it'll head back to Berlin departing at around 0555. Even at this late stage, as far as I can tell, no-one is suggesting a visit to Manchester is also planned but if someone knows differently then that's fine by me.

There was mention of an A380 returning to the UK on June 10th to tie-in with employee Family Days at the two BAe plants mentioned above, including a landing at Filton (it can't land at Chester), as well as a rumoured fly-through at Manchester but this later visit is reported as cancelled due to the aircraft being required for additional flight development testing on that date.
There is no point in going to Manchester.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's official.

My normally very reliable source has sold me a duck. He had heard "Manchester" instead of "Chester" (Broughton plant), which, as it transpires, will only be a fly-past at best.

Sorry for getting folks hopes up, wasn't an intentional wind-up and I'm feeling like a right t***.

Feel free to put me in stocks at the Aviation Viewing Park and throw wet sponges.

·
Viking
1,078 Posts
Today is the day :)

Will it be landing from East? (current Heathrow landings are from East as I can see the planes from my office window here in Kensington).

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
I just came back from Hyde Park where I watched the A380 triumphanty sail over the metropolis en-route to Heathrow. Splendid!

Oh glorious and happy London. Oh wretched and miserable and trivial Manchester!! :happy:

Seriously things have been going shite for Manchester recently. Just a quick recap:

1) Manchester now down in 4th place behind London Stansted with ever declining prospects of returning to 3rd place over the summer if ever.

2) Chronic decline of Manchester's core charter bucket-and-spade traffic as low-cost airlines expand out of Liverpool instead.

3) The cancellation of Malaysia's service to Kuala Lumpur (thus ending one of the only two direct services to the Far East).

4) The indefinite postponement of Cathay Pacific's Hong Kong service via Moscow.

5) The A380 not bothering to make even a fly-past at Manchester.

6) The cancellation of Manchester's chimney project to fund the cost overrun on London's Olympic velodrome roof.

7) The sad and untimely death of Fred Dibnah.

Highly symbolic and poignant:

.... another one bites the dust

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
don't forget the sad pathetic whining of Wenger & Henry last night as well.

How I laughed at their childish, petulant, lying little tantrum's!

Monkey, you seem the sanest person we know from the real SMOKE.

You can take that as a compliment or any which way you please!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.