Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ces photos sont impressionnantes! J'imagine que cette autoroute coute une fortune étant donné la nature montagneuse des terrains...

En tout cas ça plaisir à voir.

·
Registered
562 Posts
we need more highways in morocco ,why not a highway linking among west to east "tangier to oujda "?

·
Registered
494 Posts
we need more highways in morocco ,why not a highway linking among west to east "tangier to oujda "?
I totally agree with you! However, if Im not mistaken there is a project for a highway linking Tangier to Fes.

Here is my "wish list" for Motorways:

-Casablanca-Beni Mellal (well this one is going ahead, I think completion in 2012-13)

-Oujda-Saidia
-Marrakech-Essaouira
-Marrakech-Ouarzazate
-Taourirt-Nador
-Fes-Al Hoceima
-Fes-Marrakech (through Ifrane-Azrou-Beni Mellal)

·
Registered
562 Posts
I totally agree with you! However, if Im not mistaken there is a project for a highway linking Tangier to Fes.

-Casablanca-Beni Mellal (well this one is going ahead, I think completion in 2012-13)

-Oujda-Saidia
-Marrakech-Essaouira
-Marrakech-Ouarzazate
-Taourirt-Nador
-Fes-Al Hoceima
i wish our dreams come true sooner or later

·
Registered
494 Posts
i wish our dreams come true sooner or later
Oh add to that, Mohammedia-Benslimane. However, according to this article this one is planned. anyone has any news about it?

http://www.leconomiste.com/print_article.html?a=66811

"Ceux-ci, en plus d’être attirés par la proximité de la région du centre du Royaume, seront encouragés par la facilitation de l’accès à la ville grâce à l’autoroute Mohammédia – Benslimane."

·
Registered
111 Posts

-Oujda-Saidia
-Marrakech-Essaouira
-Marrakech-Ouarzazate
-Taourirt-Nador
-Fes-Al Hoceima
Indeed, there are studies to connect Fes to Tetouan by highway, it's a missing link now.

Fes-Marrakech of course would be great, but I think it would be to expensive to build (it is a very long stretch and mountaineous area). I don't think this area needs a expensive highway seen it's economic importance. The same for Marrakech-Ouarzazate and Fes-Al Hoceima.

Taourirt-Nador could be a good candidate for a study, seen the fact they're also building a railroad there and the other developments in that area. Oujda-Saida could be done with a expressway (I thought they were already working on this one, but I could be wrong).

Between Essaouira and Chichaoua they're already working on a expressway, which will be linked to the autoroute Marrakech-Agadir.

·
Registered
991 Posts
hmm you know what i question myself
last there was a article about China had won two highway contracts
the question is still which one are they gonna work on

and guys and girls if you were the king which would you let them build (highway)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Indeed, there are studies to connect Fes to Tetouan by highway, it's a missing link now.

Fes-Marrakech of course would be great, but I think it would be to expensive to build (it is a very long stretch and mountaineous area). I don't think this area needs a expensive highway seen it's economic importance. The same for Marrakech-Ouarzazate and Fes-Al Hoceima.

Taourirt-Nador could be a good candidate for a study, seen the fact they're also building a railroad there and the other developments in that area. Oujda-Saida could be done with a expressway (I thought they were already working on this one, but I could be wrong).

Between Essaouira and Chichaoua they're already working on a expressway, which will be linked to the autoroute Marrakech-Agadir.
The 60km expressway between Oujda and Saidia is already finished and opened voor trafic. You can take a look at it on Google-Earth...

Indeed we need more highways, but maybe they can start like the Rocade Méditerannée to connect every provincial capital with their neighbour provinces with goog roads where even to lorry can pass each other with out braking and were a minimum speed of 80km/h is not a problem. After this they can start with bypassing every village and city on the national roads. And on dense stretches or stretches with a lot of transit traffic starting the construction of highways.

In my opinion these are the highways to construct (sorted by importance):

El Jadida - Jorf Lasfar - Safi - Essaouira (- Agadir): in a later stadium Agadir will be connected to Casablanca by to highways.

Berrechid - Khouribga - Beni-Mellal

Azrou - El Hajeb - Meknès - Sidi-Kacem - Moulay Bousselham

Fes - Sidi-Kacem - Sidi-Slimane - Kénitra

Taourirt - Nador - Beni Ensar

Tanger -Tetouan - Chefchaouen - Fès

Mohammedia - Berrechid

Agadir - Taroudannt

Nador - Berkane - Ahfir - Oujda

Marrakech - Kelaâ des Sraghna - Beni-Mellal - Khénifra - Azrou - Ifrane - Fès

Cities like Errachidia, Ouarzazate and Laayoune should be connected with cities like Fès/Meknès, Marrakech and Agadir by Fast roads, or the famous via rapida in spanish. These are roads with single lane in each direction, but without levelcrossing and maximumspeed of 100km/h and possibility to be upgraded easily to a full highway...

Cities like Marrakech, Meknès, Fès need a 2x2 by pass...

·
Banned
158 Posts
yes i know but it's not enough ,indeed we need more the same thing for rail ways ,we still late unfortunatly :eek:hno:
of course it's not enough but fez oujda via taza mean agadir maraekch casa rabat mknas fas taza oujda saidia :cheers:
i'm wondering when the highway hocima-nador will ready to attach oujda with titwan tanger
this miditeranian channel will be so so so so nice

·
Registered
562 Posts
of course it's not enough but fez oujda via taza mean agadir maraekch casa rabat mknas fas taza oujda saidia :cheers:
i'm wondering when the highway hocima-nador will ready to attach oujda with titwan tanger
this miditeranian channel will be so so so so nice
i wish too

1 - 20 of 157 Posts