SkyscraperCity banner

3601 - 3620 of 3976 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Another video on the expressway,though with a mixture of mulolongo-machakos turn off
The quality though isn't the best
The start of the video though is Athi-river and thats a different project. Its understandable though why one would think it's part of the same project.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have stayed in Nairobi for a few months without leaving. Even during the holidays I stayed in Nairobi. Today I decided to go to Nakuru. I tell you the expressway is really changing the face of Nairobi literally. The construction of the expressway in the westlands area is quite advanced but not as advanced as the one along Mombasa road. We also used the red hill link road which is quite beautiful and well marked in my opinion, although the problem is that there is no footpath but the quality of the finish is good. The whole stretch almost to Limuru is just a construction site. Nairobi is getting a serious face-lift.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
@Fwesa ,when the expessway enters the CBD,I believe the matatu terminus being built at luna park (Greenpark)is meant to stop the matatu’s coming to CBD in order to ensure smooth construction,I believe also this will help in construction of the upper hill Viaduct because am told like now,one spends over an hour from the Kenyatta Avenue round about upto just haile Selassie round about,that is pure madness if asked,Horrendous if i insist .Imagine when Construction comes in and matatus are still using cbd roads??!!!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
@Fwesa ,when the expessway enters the CBD,I believe the matatu terminus being built at luna park (Greenpark)is meant to stop the matatu’s coming to CBD in order to ensure smooth construction,I believe also this will help in construction of the upper hill Viaduct because am told like now,one spends over an hour from the Kenyatta Avenue round about upto just haile Selassie round about,that is pure madness if asked,Horrendous if i insist .Imagine when Construction comes in and matatus are still using cbd roads??!!!
This will definitely help. Fingers crossed and we will be seeing this very soon since the blue fence has now entered the Bunyala/Haile Selassie section.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
This will definitely help. Fingers crossed and we will be seeing this very soon since the blue fence has now entered the Bunyala/Haile Selassie section.
I hope so too,because I can’t imagine the chaos when they start around those areas,nonetheless loving every ounce of the updates across board.Asante 🙏🏾

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
These shots, taken at the Capital Center--South C/B overpass section, are in recognition of all the hardworking Kenyans toiling 24/7 on this road. Many may never own a vehicle and perhaps not benefit as much from this road, since they mostly walk to work. I promised the guy in the photo to acknowledge their work when he allowed me to take these as he worked. I hope to one day do close up shots of the workers and post here their hardworking faces!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Fantastic if you managed to enter the site,I remember i getting quite scared when i was taking the pics back in dec around that area
Actually some guys saw me taking the shots from outside and called me in wanting to know what they were for. I happily went in because I knew I will get a vantage point for some nice shots. I explained to them why it is important to document the work and they allowed me to take some close-ups. I was questioned twice--here and at Greenpark. I wiggled myself out by highlighting the important work they were doing :).

3601 - 3620 of 3976 Posts