SkyscraperCity banner

3621 - 3640 of 3939 Posts

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
^^That is really kind of you @Fwesa,they really do need to be supported in whichever way possible and recognized.I was upset with the new rise of basic foods (Bread more by 5 shillings and Salt too by the same figure).Coming out from an extremely year to a unpromising year and future,thr common mwananchi should be cushioned as much as possible instead everything is more expensive.It’s a sad time and honestly i feel for them,greatly

·
Mkenya daima
1,546 Posts
Actually some guys saw me taking the shots from outside and called me in wanting to know what they were for. I happily went in because I knew I will get a vantage point for some nice shots. I explained to them why it is important to document the work and they allowed me to take some close-ups. I was questioned twice--here and at Greenpark. I wiggled myself out by highlighting the important work they were doing :).
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Good job kaka..

·
Mkenya daima
1,546 Posts
@Fwesa I can't getenough of these photos... 1 tonne worth of updates...

Please allow me to use one of your photos and forgive my not very upto scale sketchy work..

I guess below is where the interchange loop from Southernbypass to the Expressway will pass... from the current configuration of the place, most likely the elevation will start some few meters after the new ICD overpass..

·
Registered
172 Posts
@Fwesa I can't getenough of these photos... 1 tonne worth of updates...

Please allow me to use one of your photos and forgive my not very upto scale sketchy work..

I guess below is where the interchange loop from Southernbypass to the Expressway will pass... from the current configuration of the place, most likely the elevation will start some few meters after the new ICD overpass..

View attachment 981009
This is a good estimate given the space......

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Right after the Westlands roundabout as you head towards James Gichuru, seems like the elevated road will be to the left of the current road, not in the median.

It moves back to the median as it approaches St. Marks.

·
Mkenya daima
1,546 Posts
Right after the Westlands roundabout as you head towards James Gichuru, seems like the elevated road will be to the left of the current road, not in the median.

It moves back to the median as it approaches St. Marks.

You are reffering to the section below... ?
I suspect they are creating space for the Westy toll booths.. remember all toll booths (if not most) will be at the ground level just after exiting or before joining the expressway overpass...

Then according to the below desing table... Westy only has one toll booth for entry with no exit (JKIA - Westy traffic will have to exit at Museum hill)... so extra space on that side makes sense....

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
You are reffering to the section below... ?
I suspect they are creating space for the Westy toll booths.. remember all toll booths (if not most) will be at the ground level just after exiting or before joining the expressway overpass...

View attachment 1000079

Then according to the below desing table... Westy only has one toll booth for entry with no exit (JKIA - Westy traffic will have to exit at Museum hill)... so extra space on that side makes sense....

View attachment 1000090
Brookside is also in Westy and had 2 exits as per your table.

·
Mkenya daima
1,546 Posts
Brookside is also in Westy and had 2 exits as per your table.
Still an option but Museum hill will be much better.. For Brookside (as an exit) most likely someone has to go all the way up to ABC to do the u-turn coz that is where they will put an overpass ... from westy to ABC there is no provision for underpass coz Expressway is on the ground level but is raided at James Gichuru. Remember this is the one that would have been at ABC but was brought chini coz there was no space at ABC...

I actually like the fact that they have removed westy exit coz would have made the place abit busy.. at least the space left will be enough for bus stops and wider roads beneath ..

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I noticed a rather disturbing thing at Westy. Am not sure if it is part of the Expressway. Works were ongoing on the service lanes from Westy roundabout as you head to James Gichuru but they were using the manual arranging of stones that local contractors use in estates. I was driving so could not check it out and inquire. Anyone with any info?

·
Mkenya daima
1,546 Posts
I noticed a rather disturbing thing at Westy. Am not sure if it is part of the Expressway. Works were ongoing on the service lanes from Westy roundabout as you head to James Gichuru but they were using the manual arranging of stones that local contractors use in estates. I was driving so could not check it out and inquire. Anyone with any info?
I think I saw something like that but didn't pay much attention.... Is it the new service road they are doing on the outer most side as you approach the Le Mac just before the ka road (opposite Lions place) ? I saw a lot of activities there but didn't pay much attention though..

3621 - 3640 of 3939 Posts