SkyscraperCity banner

3921 - 3939 of 3939 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Thanks Zndetei for the update.
My source tells me one chinku engineer died due to COVID and that's when they suspended work. He says yesterday they tested all workers. I suspect they want to take the important public health measures (quarantine, etc) then move on. Given the importance GoK has placed on this project, they will have all the support to get back to full action soonest.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have been wondering where the traffic from the main CBD to Waiyaki way will enter the express way. Seems the only provision is Haile Selassie interchange. I think there should have been entry at the UON roundabout, this would have helped clear traffic from CBD faster.

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
I have been wondering where the traffic from the main CBD to Waiyaki way will enter the express way. Seems the only provision is Haile Selassie interchange. I think there should have been entry at the UON roundabout, this would have helped clear traffic from CBD faster.
At grade level Haile Sellasie will be one enormous mess. The gridlock trying to access/leave the expressway plus the Greenfield terminus matatu trail and all the cris-crossing pedestrian traffic trying to access the CBD and the NCR Central station. The hawkers and others will flock towards this pool of humanity to add to the confusion. We haven't even added the future intersecting lines 1 and 2 of the BRT to the mix.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
At grade level Haile Sellasie will be one enormous mess. The gridlock trying to access/leave the expressway plus the Greenfield terminus matatu trail and all the cris-crossing pedestrian traffic trying to access the CBD and the NCR Central station. The hawkers and others will flock towards this pool of humanity to add to the confusion. We haven't even added the future intersecting lines 1 and 2 of the BRT to the mix.
Whoever came up with this misguided idea of a PSV terminus next to Uhuru Park is just bonkers.Easily the worst decision by NMS and it should be undone asap.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I disagree with the forumer above:

I’d say it’s a great decision to put a bus park by a public park. So convenient for families with little kids and older and senior citizens who’d wish to enjoy the air and the sun in the green Uhuru park. You don’t need to enter the city just enjoy entertainment or relaxing at the park, catch your bus and go home! No hustle even for hustlers (there’s pun in there buddy).

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
My source tells me the construction pause only affected the JKIA to Nyayo lot. Nyayo to James Gichuru was not affected. Also, fortunately, seems like the COVID case may have been isolated although of course we have incubation period. He says from what he has heard, most workers (both local and Chinese) were negative. So hopefully they should resume work soon. Fingers crossed.

·
Engineer d's art't enjoys
6,384 Posts
My source tells me the construction pause only affected the JKIA to Nyayo lot. Nyayo to James Gichuru was not affected. Also, fortunately, seems like the COVID case may have been isolated although of course we have incubation period. He says from what he has heard, most workers (both local and Chinese) were negative. So hopefully they should resume work soon. Fingers crossed.
Actually, the workers have gone for a compulsory environmental training for one week. Don't panic, it'll resume.

Reactions: tiga354

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
Curious as to the location of the last post. Those pillars look like they have a markedly smaller carrying capacity than the rest...or they are on/off ramps?

3921 - 3939 of 3939 Posts