SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 723 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been following this forum in quietness for a while, so now I think its time to get myself involved. I live in Aalborg and wondered why nobody posts anything about this city. When Herning, Vejle and Esbjerg can have their own threads, I believe that the fourth biggest city in DK is quilified aswell. So here it is.

The city has approximately 120.000 inhabitents according to wiki. It's a compact city with a relatively small citycentre. In the last couple of years there has been a lot of new projects along the fjord on both sides.

I will start in optimistic style with a project witch is actually being realised. Later I will follow up with proposals, renderings, status, maybe pictures of other projects. Everybody is ofcourse welcome to share their information about projects.

So, here we go - jetzt gehts los - πάμε λοιπόν - Itt is tovább - hic imus!

Musikkens Hus ('House of music') - Under construction
After a long political proces they have started construction. The house, witch is placed along the Limfjord ('gluefjord'), is planned to be finished in 2013. Link: http://www.musikkenshus.dk/Pages/default.aspx
I'm not realy sure about the copyright rules - am I allowed to post pictures from other websites, if I just put a link below?
However, to start with, here's som renderings:

http://www.musikkenshus.dk/Musikkens Hus i Nordjylland/Forms/slidshow.aspx?

And here you can follow the building proces: http://www.2i-tech.com/musikkenshus/

·
Member #109
2,714 Posts
^^ First of all, welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join. :hi:

Secondly, the reason why cities like Herning, Vejle and Esbjerg have threads, is because we have forumers from these places who made the threads. The forum is based on posts from the members, and naturally they/we post mostly about the places we know best. Therefore I'm also glad you decided to join, Aalborg should of course also have a thread. :)

About renderings: Post away, but remember to write copyright owner of the rendering (= normally the architect).

Oh, not to forget: Great they finally managed to get Musikkens Hus under construction, it was surely one tough road to get that far.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Welcome to the thread Jacob.
Yes there is lots to contribute with from Aalborg and we look forward to your posts on the latest news.
The old DSB freight yards are one of the many exciting projects which we can follow in the next few years.
Here is an areal photo of the site (and most of the city) and a rendering of the winning proposal. Note the reserved area for the light rail from the main station to the AUC area.
Hope you can keep us uodated on the progress of these projects.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome from all of you.

The old DSB freight yards are one of the many exciting projects which we can follow in the next few years.
Yes indeed, it's interesting to follow the development on 'Godsbanearealet'. It is mainly being transformed into a university campus (4000 sqm.) and 175 youth-appartments.
http://aalborgnyt.dk/index/nyheder.aspx?sourceid=3824715&sourcetype=Nordjyske

'Polyform' architects are designing the freespaces

http://www.niras.dk/Forretningsomraader/Forsyning/Nyheder/2011/Godsbaneareal.aspx

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
When I first entered this forum, I lived in Aalborg, but my updates from the city did not last long since I moved to Copenhagen shortly after. But of course I still follow the development of the city through the media, just like I go to Aalborg from time to time to see friends and such. So even though I probably will not be able to contribute very much to this thread, I definately will follow it with interest.

I will welcome you with a couple of my shots from the last time when I was in Aalborg, which is a couple of months ago (unfortunately the weather conditions were far from optimal for photographing):

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Hi JacobSkomager, first of all a warm welcome to the forum, and especially welcome to your new Aalborg thread, it´s long awaited.

Like mlm writes the threads about Esbjerg, Herning and Vejle is started by us locals, in an attempt to be able to see/read about other stuff, than just from the Copenhagen area. So once again welcome.

Personally I go to Aalborg regularly jobvise and wonders, what happens to the old Eternit-property, I can see they are building a new Føtex, but what else is to be build.? I´ve always seen it as the perfect location, for a new soccerstadium.

:)

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Assuming that Nørresundby is also welcome in this thread, here is something about a DKK 700 mio. renovation of 818 housing units in Sundby Hvorup Boligselskab:

http://www.building-supply.dk/article/view/62797/renovering_til_700_mio_kroner_far_gront_lys

the threads about Esbjerg, Herning and Vejle is started by us locals, in an attempt to be able to see/read about other stuff, than just from the Copenhagen area.
:)

...and the thread about Copenhagen was started by someone from Copenhagen to be able to follow the development there.:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I just took a trip along the fjord and took some pictures of the ongoing - aswell as some resently finished - projects.

First up 'Nordkraft' - has been transformed from power station to a culture house. From the outside it looks massive.

Just a few meters to the north, the 'Musikkens Hus' is being build. Notice Nordkraft in the background.

Going west towards city centre, I passed the utzon area, which include some youth appartments and the 'famous' utzon center. Personally, I don't realy like the utzon center, but I'm getting more used to it as times go.

The new harbour bath is ready for the summer

The 'Panorama' at the harbourpromenade.

That's all for now...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went for trip along the fjord and took some photos of the ongoing - aswell as the reasently finished - projects.

First up 'Nordkraft' - a transformation from power station to culture house. From the outside it looks massive.

A few meters to the north 'musikkens hus' is being build. Notice 'Nordkraft' in the background on the second picture.

Going west towards the citycentre passing the utzon area, which include some youth-appartments and the utzon center. Personally I don't really like the utzon center, but as times go I get more used to it.

The new harbour bath is ready for the summer

And the 'panorama'

That's all for now...

1 - 20 of 723 Posts