SkyscraperCity banner

281 - 300 of 340 Posts

·
Smirk4Life
1,745 Posts
I don't mind the politics threads to be monitored by our hard working admin (Beiruti) and occasionally locked to give a chance for everyone to lay back and chill.
I also don't mind locking and unlocking the thread based on Beiruti's intuition.

However, unlocking a thread temporarily (Elections 2009) for a political post by the admin himself is not fair. It's more like a dictatorship, with censorship where only the person in charge could input.

Everyone should be given equal opportunities to contribute to the Forum.
And I believe that Beiruti is taking advantage of his admin privileges.

·
4,373 Posts
^^ I am not posting any of my own personal comments in that thread. I am just posting news articles to keep the thread updated. People also have a right to PM me what articles they wish for me to post on their behalf (some posts have been requests).

·
Under the Beirut Sun
2,051 Posts
I dont think we should have threads for like 12 F highrises or 14 F highrises in Beirut....its just retarted

examples:

#PROJECT-Beirut: "Clemenceau Jewels" | 14F Res
#UNDER C-Beirut: "Nader 2" | 12F Res
#UNDER C-Beirut: "Zeino Tower ONE" | 14F Res
#UNDER C-Beirut: "Al Manara Tower" | 14F Res
#UNDER C-Beirut: "Al Manara Tower" | 14F Res
#COMPLETED-Beirut: "[Lot: 2612]" | 12F Res
#UNDER C-Beirut: "Corniche Tower" | 12F Res

·
Banned
3,506 Posts
I am very furious! We really should send hate e-mails to Jamil Ibrahim in a massive way.

Have you seen their latest project, "La Citadelle de Beyrouth"?? It is a copy of "Les Domes de Sursock", but in Ain El Mreisseh! (it's 34F by the way)

Not to mention the Carlton is going to be replaced by their hideous residential "tower".

We must do something!

---------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and there's this new residential building in Ain El Tineh by Kronfol, the Titatnium Tower. It's ~20F.

·
Smirk4Life
1,745 Posts
I know many people might appose this but I suggest creating a thread for the "International tribunal investigating Hariri's murder" news & discussions in the Cedar cafe.

The discussion part could be voted against but I believe the news section is important to stay updated with the court and it's outcomes.

Any thoughts guys?

·
Under the Beirut Sun
2,051 Posts
^^ I have no problem with it, but some people might not like it, and its probably going to turn into one giant fight (8vs.14) in probably less than 5 min

·
4,373 Posts
^^ I would advise against this for obvious reasons. If people want to keep updated on the news they can go to naharnet or nowlebanon - SSC isnt really the right place for this.

·
Libano Cinéphile
620 Posts
well what is soul? in a forum

·
Banned
3,506 Posts
well what is soul? in a forum
Well, life! It's the same as a city. You always say here that Beirut has a "soul", it's the same to a forum. In other parts of ssc, some forumers are members for more than 4 years and they still have 10 pages long constructive discussions, they know each other, there's a good ambiance, etc It's not as if we lack of forumers or projects, etc

·
Libano Cinéphile
620 Posts
Lol I think this is very true, and very reflective of lebanon. Exciting and allot to talk about....at first....but always the same topics... really, the more things change the more they stay the same. Well for one thing for instance myself I don't participate in political discussions because we have enough cooks in that kitchen. I try to post wherever I can. I'll see if I can come up with anything fun to talk about.

281 - 300 of 340 Posts