SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered Usurper
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Strata Tower, a forty-story, luxury residential building designed by architects Hani Rashid and Lise Anne Couture of Asymptote, has broken ground on Al Raha Beach and is now under construction. The tower is scheduled for completion in early 2011 and, at a height of 160 meters, will be the tallest building in the Al Dana precinct, the centerpiece of Aldar Properties PJSC’s prestigious Al Raha Beach development. The project and development will be showcased at Cityscape Abu Dhabi from May 13–15, 2008. The landmark Strata Tower is designed to signify a dignified and important future for Abu Dhabi and the region.

More Here:
http://www.dezeen.com/2008/05/13/strata-tower-by-asymptote/#more-12759

·
16,916 Posts
Lovely tower.. Why does it need a helicopterplatform if it's a residential building??

·
16,916 Posts
Ahh.. forgot about that.. If I was that rich I would buy a nice villa.. :)

·
i ♥ NY
4,895 Posts
I noticed that in a picture from the Abu Dhabi cityscape from Imre this tower is included. Look at the up right corner fo the model, there you can see the tower.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Construction starts on Abu Dhabi's Strata Tower

The 160m Asymptote-designed residential tower will be tallest building on Al Raha Beach development being built by Laing O'Rourke

Construction has begun on the Strata Tower in Abu Dhabi, designed by US architect Asymptote.

The 160m residential tower will be the tallest building on Aldar Properties’ Al Raha Beach development under construction by Laing O’Rourke.

Structural engineering is being carried out by Arup, with environmental design by Atelier Ten. It is expected to be complete by 2011.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts