SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Abu Dhabi Tower?

4792 27
Has anybody seen this proposal before?

Abu Dhabi Tower - United Arab Emirates

A design for a 750m high landmark tower set in an extensive mixed use waterfront development comprising offices, residential, hotel, tourist facilities, retail and leisure plus parking.

Denton Corker Marshall has conducted various experiments in designing supra-scaled towers. The Abu Dhabi Tower is an ambitious proposal for an iconic landmark that is subjected to the formal proposition of scalelessness first developed in the First Government House tower project.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
there were rumours about abu dhabi planning a supertall, but we never heard anythign serious
^ i dont like it,
i dont wanna see it happen
i dont like it
looks like a skyscraper from Driver 1 or 2.
looks like a chess piece to me...... :D
That is VERY ugly, and does not suit Abu Dhabi's image and skyline.

I hope it's fake.
Looks liek the visions from tokyo or some thing
yes, I have seen the masterplan it was part of. Grollo its by a well known australian group ( not DCM) but I can say more as we signed CAs before we went into the studio, we were intervieinwing them for a project we wanted them to do for us.
Essentailly its a hotel complex that rotates ( dont know how yet but thats the plan) and each section is seperated.
Sounds impossible but when we saw the entire site masterplan it was fucking insane, like an entire city at the end of the cornich in AD.
so, this is actually a serious proposal?
wow
it would be insane if this one reallz happens,
we would have the 5 tallest buildings in the world in the UAE perhaps.
lol.
but i don't like the design...no chance to compete with the burj...
This reminds me off Millenium Tower proposed for HONG KONG. It also was to be built on an island in the harbour.

i dont like it bat 750m cool i lik it ^_^
The buildings on the beach in the first render look very ARM, sort of like the docklands masterplan :)
SA BOY said:
yes, I have seen the masterplan it was part of. Grollo its by a well known australian group ( not DCM) but I can say more as we signed CAs before we went into the studio, we were intervieinwing them for a project we wanted them to do for us.
Essentailly its a hotel complex that rotates ( dont know how yet but thats the plan) and each section is seperated.
Sounds impossible but when we saw the entire site masterplan it was fucking insane, like an entire city at the end of the cornich in AD.
looks like a kid got a grey marker pen and drew a verticle line, which aters in at the top.

brilliant. just brilliant.
Maybe Abu Dhabi should build a 200m tower first before thinking about 700m plus. Nonsense.
It looks like a giant d---o
you can buy ultra-slim ones now...
I dont give a freakin rats ass about its design , its freakin 700+ meters tall

DID YOU HEAR ME , 700+ METERS TALL :eek2:
SA BOY said:
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.