SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Developer
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen this proposal before?

Abu Dhabi Tower - United Arab Emirates

A design for a 750m high landmark tower set in an extensive mixed use waterfront development comprising offices, residential, hotel, tourist facilities, retail and leisure plus parking.

Denton Corker Marshall has conducted various experiments in designing supra-scaled towers. The Abu Dhabi Tower is an ambitious proposal for an iconic landmark that is subjected to the formal proposition of scalelessness first developed in the First Government House tower project.

·
Registered
521 Posts
^ i dont like it,
i dont wanna see it happen
i dont like it

·
Mr Anti
714 Posts
looks like a skyscraper from Driver 1 or 2.

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,971 Posts
Looks liek the visions from tokyo or some thing

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
yes, I have seen the masterplan it was part of. Grollo its by a well known australian group ( not DCM) but I can say more as we signed CAs before we went into the studio, we were intervieinwing them for a project we wanted them to do for us.
Essentailly its a hotel complex that rotates ( dont know how yet but thats the plan) and each section is seperated.
Sounds impossible but when we saw the entire site masterplan it was fucking insane, like an entire city at the end of the cornich in AD.

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,962 Posts
it would be insane if this one reallz happens,
we would have the 5 tallest buildings in the world in the UAE perhaps.
lol.
but i don't like the design...no chance to compete with the burj...

·
Developer
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SA BOY said:
yes, I have seen the masterplan it was part of. Grollo its by a well known australian group ( not DCM) but I can say more as we signed CAs before we went into the studio, we were intervieinwing them for a project we wanted them to do for us.
Essentailly its a hotel complex that rotates ( dont know how yet but thats the plan) and each section is seperated.
Sounds impossible but when we saw the entire site masterplan it was fucking insane, like an entire city at the end of the cornich in AD.
The buildings on the beach in the first render look very ARM, sort of like the docklands masterplan :)

·
Under the Burj
3,491 Posts
looks like a kid got a grey marker pen and drew a verticle line, which aters in at the top.

brilliant. just brilliant.

·
Registered
32,113 Posts
not wide enough ....

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
6,193 Posts
SA BOY said:

I dont give a freakin rats ass about its design , its freakin 700+ meters tall

DID YOU HEAR ME , 700+ METERS TALL :eek2:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts