SkyscraperCity banner

801 - 820 of 1014 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
lol i looked twice to make sure i was seeing the same thing! anyway to each his own

Reactions: B_Enkay

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Abuja has never come across to me as a city that is not green, at least on a global scale.

While I would not necessarily say it is as green as it can be, I do feel it is more green than most cities in the world.

However, it is dusty. Nigeria is NATURALLY dusty due to the trade winds from the Sahara. Abuja will require more maintenance, street cleaning etc. but let us not forget that what we experience in Nigeria does not happen in most of the world.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Abuja has never come across to me as a city that is not green, at least on a global scale.

While I would not necessarily say it is as green as it can be, I do feel it is more green than most cities in the world.

However, it is dusty. Nigeria is NATURALLY dusty due to the trade winds from the Sahara. Abuja will require more maintenance, street cleaning etc. but let us not forget that what we experience in Nigeria does not happen in most of the world.
I assume mechanized street sweepers can clear the sands and dusts off Nigerian roads and make our roads clean as European roads...

If so what's stopping the government from acquiring large amounts of these these street sweepers?

Most of the times you can detect a 3rd world country from a picture by looking at their roads as well as the side of the roads...
Nigeria needs to plant more grass at the side of their roads as well

801 - 820 of 1014 Posts