·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jabi Lake Resort

Name: Jabi Lake Resort
Use: Master-Plan (Resort)
Funding: FCT & Private

Minister of Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Senator Bala Mohammed, has announced plans to expend over N334bn in the development of the abandoned Jabi Lake Resort.

Mohammed, who announced this when he received members of the Nigeria Young Professionals Forum, NYPF, explained that when the resort is completed, it would take Abuja to the next level in promoting tourism and, by extension, generating the required revenue to augment budgetary allocation from the Federal Government.

Mohammed said the government has made a lot of investment in the Federal Capital Territory and, now, the time has come for the FCT administration to create institutions, structures in terms of legal framework to leverage on private funding by way of competition, to take Abuja to the next level.

The minister assured that the present crops of leadership in the FCT administration is determined to set standards and benchmark on how things ought to be done and driven for the betterment of all residents of the territory without recourse to government funding.

Mohammed said that the FCT administration has received marching order from President Goodluck Jonathan to build human capital and institutions as well as partnership in accordance with global best practice.

He urged the forum to use its contacts across the globe to woo investors to come and invest in Abuja; saying that Abuja is now a haven for genuine investors.

“Conscious of the need to promote tourism, the FCT Administration gave priority to the on-going construction of the Abuja Millennium Towers at the Central Business District where work at the site has reached an appreciable stage of completion,” he said.

Chairman of the Nigeria Young Professionals Forum, Moses Siloko Siasia, stated that the forum is yearning for positive change and called for partnership with the FCT administration.
Source

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I created a separate thread from this

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=695440

Because this is not a Studio Serlein Initiative....but an FCT Initiative (Part of the Abuja Master Plan Phase II) that is completely different and I think even predates the Duval Properties development, which is a private initiative.

Approved now??
I don't think it has been put in the FCT Budget..so no, it is not approved in that sense.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How can it be suspended, when they have just said they have planned for it now. How do you plan for a project on Monday and suspend it on Tuesday? This is very fresh news!

But please do post the article...if you can find it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm sorry to be the voice of pessimism here but with the elections looming, this sounds like the right time to misappropriate funds. I don't see this coming to fruition.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I'm sorry to be the voice of pessimism here but with the elections looming, this sounds like the right time to misappropriate funds. I don't see this coming to fruition.
While it does not guarantee its success (there are no guarantees in this business), it's nonetheless proceeding as a PPP project, which means it is being privately-funded with the FCTA's contribution limited to the land.

·
Infrastructure Junkie
512 Posts
While it does not guarantee its success (there are no guarantees in this business), it's nonetheless proceeding as a PPP project, which means it is being privately-funded with the FCTA's contribution limited to the land.
Too sensible. I prefer we instead throw around unverifiable, spurious and borderline libellous accusations about "stealing money" predicated on extreme ignorance and a toxic soup of several complexes. That's what makes us Nigerians after all. What are you, a Ghanaian? Stop writing sensible, well researched stuff and give us some Punch/Sahara Reporters beer parlour gossip so we can all shout dis goffment he nor good oh! That's what we want!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts