SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 623 Posts

·
Student Architect جاري&#15
5,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
is this project under construction?

or are they just creating a right of way?

·
5,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
pictures taking october 28th, 2010

originally Posted by abujacity.com

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
^^ Ask the photographers where exactly is this place in Abuja
Because the Abuja Light Rail i see every weekend isnt this

·
5,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
^^ Ask the photographers where exactly is this place in Abuja
Because the Abuja Light Rail i see every weekend isnt this
which location do you see the abuja rail?

·
5,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
okay just learned something:)

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
^^ Yes i know you are laughing at what i said? You quoted my comment and by that i know that you are laughing at what i said.....

Am just saying what is funny that you are laughing at ?

·
Banned
11,509 Posts
xterra2 how about u grab a camera maybe lets say saturday or sunday if u are not busy and go take some got damn pictures instead of posting and posting.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
^^ Yes i know you are laughing at what i said? You quoted my comment and by that i know that you are laughing at what i said.....

Am just saying what is funny that you are laughing at ?
*sigh*
I'm laughing because from your suggestion the preceding picture is false. 'You said ask the photographers 'where exactly is this place in Abuja' it sounds like the guy miss road.

damn I wish I never put a lol similie under your quote now, I never knew I was gonna be interrogated.:eek:hno:

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
xterra2 how about u grab a camera maybe lets say saturday or sunday if u are not busy and go take some got damn pictures instead of posting and posting.
Dennis, oh well, you again....
Yes, but am not going there again till next year, so photos till next year , but am not sure am gonna take it (picture) read/re-read my previous comment on this thread

·
Registered
632 Posts
Abuja light rail 20 percent complete

Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Senator Bala Mohammed, has expressed the readiness of the Federal Government, towards completing the multi-billion-naira Abuja Light Rail (ALR) project on schedule.

Senator Mohammed, who said this yesterday, while x-raying the activities of the FCT Transportation secretariat, disclosed that, at present, the project is 20 per cent complete.

The minister assured that, the tempo of execution of the project would be intensified, considering its importance to the economic turn-around of the entire FCT, and the country at large.

As envisaged in the work plan, he reaffirmed that Lots I & III of the project, would surely be achieved, on or before 2013.

He disclosed that, over 90 per cent of detailed engineering design, including aerial survey, ground control survey, horizontal & vertical alignment design, bridges & culverts, training centre building structures as well as general site working-drawings, have been achieved.

He explained that, operational facilities like quarry yard, steel structure, concrete sleepers and girder plants, which produced over 125,000 concrete sleepers that is very critical to the track laying activity, are complete.

"The land acquisition enumeration and compensation of economic trees as well as building structures, on the ROW at Idu Depot/Dry inland container port area, Ring road I, Idu, Gwagwa/Dei-Dei, Kagini and about 4 kilometres into Kubwa have been completed," he further said.

According to him, the laying of tracks are expected to begin in earnest, as rail tracks have started arriving at the Idu depot.

He also disclosed that, site clearing and removal of 35 kilometres vegetable top soil has been completed, for Lots 3a and from Idu to Kagini in Lot 1a.

Cutting and filling to formation levels, of more than 28 kilometers of the right of way, including rock excavation is on-going, the minister revealed.

This was just as he said that, a total of 125,000 concrete sleepers have been produced, sufficient for 25 kilometres of double track and 120,000 m3 ballast standard rail-track gravel has been produced, sufficient for 35 kilometres of the track's right of way.

Meanwhile, the administration also said, arrangements have been concluded, to organise Transportation Investors' Summit, to take care of other transportation facilities, that are part of the integrated transportation programme of the FCT.

The FCT minister assured that, the administration will not leave any stone unturned, to revolutionalise the transportation sub-sector, as it affects all sectors of the society.
Link

·
Registered
177 Posts
Abuja light rail ‘ll gulp N356bn – FCT Minister

February 28, 2011
Metro

BY HENRY UMORU
ABUJA — STRONG Indications emerged weekend that the long awaited Abuja light rail project may not be completed at its expected date of 2013 if the N356.8 billion($235 million) required for the project was not made available for its continuation.

Abuja light rail
This came on the heels of fears expressed by the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory Administration, FCTA, Sen Bala Mohammed, that paucity of funds might stall the multi-billion naira Abuja light rail project, following the slash of the 2011 fiscal budget for the FCT.

Answering questions weekend while conducting members of the Nigeria Society of Engineers, NSE, who came on a facility visit round the various project sites, the Project Manager of the Chinese firm handling the project, China Civil Engineering Construction Company, CCECC, Mr. Chang Weijin, described funding as the major factor slowing down the progress of the work.

According to him, “since February last year till now, this project has no budget, so we are suffering from the budget issue and another one is the issue of compensation by the resettlement department. They cannot complete the demolition or clear the site.

“Up to date, the total expenditure on the project is $213.8 million, while our total budget requirement for 2011, from the 1st to the 4th quarter, is $235,299, 534.”

According to a break down of the total figure, $99.4bn would be required for the 1st quarter, $45.1bn for the 2nd quarter, while $38.1bn is needed in the 3rd quarter and $61.9 in the 4th quarter, just as it was also discovered that as at June 30, 2010, a total of $148, 860, 23.6, taxes inclusive, was paid to the company by the FCT administration.

On how much the FCTA owed the company, the project manager who revealed that the company was owed an out standing payment of $145 million, which had since been due for payment, stressed that aside the $145m, a total of N2bn was outstanding for compensation to owners of plots affected by the project.

“Apart from the outstanding payment, the outstanding compensation payment for lot 1 & 3 is N2bn for us to be able to clear and continue with the project. We also have the issue of affected embassy plots, like EU embassy, UN, NNPC mega station etc. these kinds of obstacles, have not been removed, so, we cannot move so fast,” he added.

Speaking further, Mr. Chang Weijin stressed that the company was at present focusing on Ring road 2, the National Stadium station and would continue from Ring road 2 to Idu and Kubwa, after which it would then move to the Airport.

Speaking on the development, a Deputy Director in FCT Transport Secretariat, Engr Alex Ezumah, disclosed that as a way forward to the problem of funding, the Administration was considering the Public Private Partnership (PPP) option for other phases of the project, adding, “from the onset it has been a government funding, but as the budget progress it was very evident that government cannot fund this completely, so, PPP options are being considered.

The private sector will be invited, but the problem with this one is that it has progressed.

“Nobody wants to come and fund a project that had already started, so the new ones that, are about to commence, will go on PPP this year. Lot 2 will be awarded this year, also lot 4, 5 & 6, which is still under feasibility study and the project design, will be carried out this year and given out on PPP.’’

Aside the rail way routes, where work is on going, other sites visited were the* Idu Quarry, where materials for building the rail way tracks were being produced.

It was gathered that, the Idu Training Centre has reached 100 per cent completion and the Comprehensive Maintenance Centre is also at completion level, even as the right of way cut and seal of lot 1A & lot 3A of the rail project, is up to 75 per cent completion of about 32 kilometres.

According to the project manager, about 28 numbers of culverts has reached completion stage, adding, “We have about four bridges at different locations, including 21 spans of 26.8kilometers. 21 span of 6.2 meters, 2 spans of 49 meters, and 12 spans of 384 meters in four various locations.”

It was also revealed that as at January 31, 2011, materials produced and mobilised to the site includes,** ballast* of 140 cubic meters, out of the* required 250, 000 cubic metres, 14,350 tons, of rail way tracks, covering the length of 61 kilometres, double track.* Total requirement is 60.67 kilometres.
Others are 84, 000, pieces of Slipper, covering the length of 24 kilometres, while total requirement is 21, 450 piece cubic meters.
Speaking at the end of the tour, Chairman, NSE, Mr. Joseph Olatunde Akinteye, who led the team noted that the visit was designed* to expose members to such projects as it would enable them improve their knowledge.
Commending the initiative of the present administration of the country for resurrecting the country’s rail way system, the Chairman stressed that when completed, the project would help greatly to reduce the traffic problems in the FCT and across the country.
While noting that inadequate funding was the reason why there were many abandoned projects in the country, Akinteye, however, appealed to the Federal Government to make more funds available to facilitate competition of the Abuja rail project.
According to him, “there is need to give more money to the contractor because no contractor will work without money. If government really want to achieve this project, there is need to release money promptly.”
Akinteye, who observed that the local engineers available to monitor the projects were not much, however appealed to the FCT administration to engage the services of more engineers, adding that the contractor should endeavour to do the job in accordance with the specification despite that they were being owed.

21 - 40 of 623 Posts