21,675 Posts
Looks like the test trains

Nice :cheers:

·
Student Architect جاري&#15
5,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
is this what you saw gareth?
Actually no, what I say was a video rendering of the trains and stations. Though having actual images is even better. Thanks for the update deebo.

·
Banned
5,050 Posts
That is a test train naijaborn :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
27,578 Posts
:lol: Naijaborn I agree, I hope all the trains being used in Nigeria are temporary stopgaps for better things :lol:

I'd hate for Nigeria to be using trains from 1970 Tokyo :lol:

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
Nigeria would look like france if looks werent the #1 thing nigerias will instantly sacrifice to save some naira. I bet the real trains are even uglier if these aren't them. Lol at nigeria buying trains just for tests, yeah right.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nigeria would look like france if looks werent the #1 thing nigerias will instantly sacrifice to save some naira. I bet the real trains are even uglier if these aren't them. Lol at nigeria buying trains just for tests, yeah right.
If you look closely you will see the CCECC (chinese construction firm) logo on the train, It is definitely a test train, it is imperative for any serious rail construction firm to possess a test train, trust me, they are heavy duty to test the durability of the rail tracks, they don't look pretty, be positive!!!

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Each rail company should have its own test trains.

Abuja Rail should have its own test trains and so should Lagos Rail, I don't think the CCECC trains will be used anymore after construction.

Sometimes they even use commuter trains as test trains depending on what is being tested.

·
Registered
150 Posts
^^ ok, so, whatz going to happen to the test trains after the ''real'' trains are gotten??
Am glad you ask! because these are test trains the firms only need a couple (about two) they don't need more than that the chinese are very smart, investing and making so much money from Africans, as far as I know they are constructing three rail lines simultaneously (Kaduna - Abuja rail, Lagos blue rail, Abuja Light rail), they will use these test trains on all these rails (don't hang urself when u seen one of these on the Lagos blue rail), they are also looking to clinch more rail projects, like the lagos Red line and so on, trust me these test trains are not going anywhere, there is a lot of purpose for them, behind those blue curtain is a lounge like interior with a fridge for cool drinks, comfy relaxation chairs, the train is air-conditioned that why the windows are air tight for the chinese supervisors to have a nice chill away from the burning African sun while the Nigerian labour workers are sweating outside.

·
Banned
5,050 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
120 Posts
These are no Abuja light rail trains, CCECC, a subsidiary of CRCC{china railway construction coperation} has got its own trains, some are used for transporting workers and chinese supervisors during rail construction, some are used for inspection of work by the bosses nd others for test running. if i am not mistaken, those trains or similar ones were also used on the Lagos-Jebba rail project. The chinese has a good number of them

·
Registered
120 Posts
Am glad you ask! because these are test trains the firms only need a couple (about two) they don't need more than that the chinese are very smart, investing and making so much money from Africans, as far as I know they are constructing three rail lines simultaneously (Kaduna - Abuja rail, Lagos blue rail, Abuja Light rail), they will use these test trains on all these rails (don't hang urself when u seen one of these on the Lagos blue rail), they are also looking to clinch more rail projects, like the lagos Red line and so on, trust me these test trains are not going anywhere, there is a lot of purpose for them, behind those blue curtain is a lounge like interior with a fridge for cool drinks, comfy relaxation chairs, the train is air-conditioned that why the windows are air tight for the chinese supervisors to have a nice chill away from the burning African sun while the Nigerian labour workers are sweating outside.
True say:lol:

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
The Abuja Light rail system is supposed to link Abuja with some of its satellite towns like Nyanya, Kubwa, Mararaba, and Lugbe. The system may be under construction, though no maps of the proposed system are available anywhere on the Internet.

61 - 80 of 623 Posts