SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Prince_7
521 Posts
So exactly wht mall is this?, are those pictures recent? Show me some renderings of the project! This seems to be a big project...Needs its own thread!!!

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
That Mall is totally different from Sharon shopping mall ,which is far from being realized at the moment. I think the abuja mall is ok and with less aesthetic look. I hope to see some renderings here soon.

·
Registered
40,873 Posts
hhmmm, I don´t know what to make of it!

it looks like it is built right in the middle of nowhere, any tarred road or highway connection?

We need to get some more pics, but at least this mall looks more "mallish" than that ridiculous structure in Surulere, that doesn´t even have escalators!

But thanks for posting!

·
Aviation Expert
1,737 Posts
its near jabi lake which is near a highway, im sure the area will have tarred roads once the mall is completed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
hhmmm, I don´t know what to make of it!

it looks like it is built right in the middle of nowhere, any tarred road or highway connection?

We need to get some more pics, but at least this mall looks more "mallish" than that ridiculous structure in Surulere, that doesn´t even have escalators!

But thanks for posting!
Adeniran Ogunsanya is not a mall, it's a shopping centre. It's been in Nigeria for ages. It belongs to the government and suffered due to poor maintenace. It's being remodelled. There will big malls. There will be shopping centres. India has small shopping centres like that which strangely enough, Indians call malls.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Adeniran Ogunsanya is not a mall, it's a shopping centre. It's been in Nigeria for ages. It belongs to the government and suffered due to poor maintenace. It's being remodelled. There will big malls. There will be shopping centres. India has small shopping centres like that which strangely enough, Indians call malls.
Thanks. As I noted to Matt in the other thread, it is a small neighbourhood shopping complex that is being renovated in the median- to lower-income Surulere neighbourhood, and seems quite suitable for its purposes.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
its near jabi lake which is near a highway, im sure the area will have tarred roads once the mall is completed.
It says Kado, Abuja not Jabi lake. The funding is like it's coming from the Enugu state govt. Why is the Enugu state govt. funding a shopping mall project in Abuja while Enugu needs it?

·
Aviation Expert
1,737 Posts
It says Kado, Abuja not Jabi lake. The funding is like it's coming from the Enugu state govt. Why is the Enugu state govt. funding a shopping mall project in Abuja while Enugu needs it?
i said its near jabi lake not that it is jabi lake. kado is the boardering district of jabi lake.

the funding is from anambra state not enugu. where did you get enugu state from? the mall is being built with stolen funds from anambra state or something like that.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Pictures of the Largest Mall in West Africa, Kado Abuja

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
The thing is it has been a secretive development so we have no details.

However looking at the size from these photos it is clearly the biggest in West Africa as well as the reports that have surfaced.

It cost about 50 Million USD to build which is alright and should achieve a decent standard of development. So looking at the size and the price tag it should be a good mall, not spectacular but good. :cheers2:

·
Registered
632 Posts
The thing is it has been a secretive development so we have no details.

However looking at the size from these photos it is clearly the biggest in West Africa as well as the reports that have surfaced.

It cost about 50 Million USD to build which is alright and should achieve a decent standard of development. So looking at the size and the price tag it should be a good mall, not spectacular but good. :cheers2:
Why do you suppose the project has been secretive?

·
Student Architect جاري&#15
GG
5,877 Posts
Not sure if true but the report said that the governor was responsible for this project and he used his state funds to fund it. Maybe that why its secretive?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts