SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Expert
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.) Only minor projects in the FCT/Abuja should be posted in here. Each project should be titled as follows:
Name of Project| City| Progress| No. of Storeys/Use
2.) Please post developments in the following fashion:

Photos First

Name:
City, Country:
Floors:
Use:

Additional Information...

3.) Only post one development per posting. Please post your discussion/dialogue on a separate post from the development you are posting. This makes it much easier to transfer data and duplicate data for world sections on the forum. It also keeps the forum neat and organized.

·
Registered
200 Posts
^^What date was the proposal announced or is it just a general one? Just trying to judge how old the proposal so we know whether it is being seriously pursued.

·
25,389 Posts
American Hospital | ABUJA| UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Name: AMERICAN HOSPITAL
City:ABUJA
Floors: ?
Use: HOSPITAL

RKT&B is the prime architect for a $30 million, 273,000-square-foot hospital complex for the American Hospital in Abuja, the capital of Nigeria. The first phase, scheduled for completion in 2009, includes a 70-bed facility and support functions. Specific features of the design include sun screening, a large entrance canopy, a skylit atrium lobby, and lush landscaping, according to RKT&B. The hospital constitutes only one part of a 200-acre plot of farmland the Nigerian government paid for the hospital, future research buildings, a medical school, a hotel and convention center, and associated housing.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
NAMA Headquarters | Abuja | Proposed

Name: NAMA Headquarters
City: Abuja
Use: Office

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
I Know these arn't minor projects, but this thread should be rename Abuja Minor Projects and design stages.

Some developments don't warrant their own stages, until further development.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Neighborhood Business & Shopping Centre | Abuja | U/C | 4F

Construction Work 2007

Name: Neighborhood Business & Shopping Centre
City: Abuja
Use: Retail

Project Description:
Located in the high brow area of Nigeria’s federal capital this project is a mixed use commercial development offering facilities for offices, gym, laundrette, and a fine dine roof top restaurant.

·
Student Architect جاري&#15
GG
5,877 Posts
Unity Centre (ABUJA CBD RETAIL)/CENTRAL BUISNESS DISTRICT - ABUJA/????????

I am not sure if this is a minor project, but can any one tell me about this. its called Unity Centre. it has a shopping center and a large skyscraper in the backgroud. at the end of the video you get a better view of the tower. does any one have any more info.

Unity Centre

VIDEO

·
Aviation Expert
1,737 Posts
i dont want to agree with jamesd3g but alot of the low rise buildings are. i know you guys are tired of hearing nigeria compared with the the best places in the world but i think abuja needs to have a certain type of architectural feel to it. what i mean is that if i were to look at a building i would be able to tell you if it came from Dubai or New York.

·
GG
5,877 Posts
TRUE

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
I think Abuja...does have an architectural feel.

·
GG
5,877 Posts
ABUJA UNIVERSITY - CENTRAL LIBRARY

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Reactions: avto_trest

·
GG
5,877 Posts
Multi - Use Buildings

FACULTY BUILDING

NATIONAL GALLERY OF ARTS

MIXED DEVELOPMENT

NATIONAL GEOLOGICAL SURVEY AGENCY

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
The Abuja Palmetum

You are all invited to the opening of the Abuja Palmetum.

It is a beautiful 20 hectare park in Maitama with over 300 species of plants and palms.

It will be a private opening for 2 days only so please be there and discover this beautiful oasis for you to enjoy. For all the writers, photographers and poets, its the place to find inspiration (or better yet, peace and quite) for you to work or just relax.

Come along with comfy shoes(better yet ,-trainers) if you will like to hike up hill to enjoy the beautiful views. Snacks,BBQ, Drinks etc will be available at the garden.

Bouncy castles and acres of land for kids to play in and nice romantic spots for the lovers out there....

Pass along the invite to your friends and family in Abuja!

See you then....Remember its for two days only....Saturday 13th december and sunday 14th december 2008.

Direction: Ibrahim Babangida Blvd. Right next to CBN Qtrs near BPE.

For more info:
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 162 Posts