SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
' OR TRUE; DROP TABLE "users"; --
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is there a way I can delete my account? I believe under GDPR you should be providing some way to do this. There doesn't appear to be such an option in settings.

I have contacted by email but had no response.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
20,918 Posts
Why would you like to delete your account? Is there something that happened to it?

·
Super Moderator
20,918 Posts
I would like to exercise my right to erasure under the GDPR.
You have to discuss that matter with @Jan or with an administrator you trust. It is something I’m not that fully aware of. And by the way, what took you a while to make that decision?

·
Registered
' OR TRUE; DROP TABLE "users"; --
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I contacted that email initially and had no response. I have now also sent a PM to Jan who advised me to fill in the following form, which I have done.

Please reply to this thread to let me know once the account is deleted and post data has been anonymised.

·
CCKSCKR
23,953 Posts
You would need to reach out to Policy Support by email for that request.

Update: Contact me if you still need assistance.

- Cricket
so you're responding to this thread but conveniently ignore the community feedback thread? How disgusting is that? Or are you afraid because the OP of this thread brought up the magic word "GDPR", while the rest of us doesn't matter?

·
full user
4,645 Posts
I'm in a bit of concern about our privacy options which I can't recall them to be the same (better/worse?¿) on the old SSC but nowdays has become a primary subject at least for me. As I feel identified with this forum user, I'd like to share my thoughts here. Feel free to advise me to post this in other specific thread, PM to supermods, mail box, etc.

Do we have any chances to manage our choices about:

- Personal profile page disabled to access to non-SSC users

- Enable any settings option to deny google to show our posts just by searching a username. Don't know if this is possible to be honest.

- Edit posts no matter how old they are if we believe some information should not be online anymore.

- Change our user name regarding privacy reasons or any other serious and legit reason. At least to be considered a possibility.

- Enable/disable our post history to be searched by other users in our personal profile page.

- Previous option I believe should be considered at least with non-SSC users.

- Erase all posts or absolutely detach them of our nickname. (this would help google to not showing our posts on its search engine also)

- Wipe out absolutely all posts and user profile.

Perhaps something isn't well explained so just ask me and I'll try my best. Also, I understand these days are very busy to administrators, so I don't think an answer to all these questions will come fast, let alone truly any of these requests to be full filed but I'd love to be help with this concerns sometime else.

Cheers.

·
Administrator
5,869 Posts
I'm in a bit of concern about our privacy options which I can't recall them to be the same (better/worse?¿) on the old SSC but nowdays has become a primary subject at least for me. As I feel identified with this forum user, I'd like to share my thoughts here. Feel free to advise me to post this in other specific thread, PM to supermods, mail box, etc.

Do we have any chances to manage our choices about:

- Personal profile page disabled to access to non-SSC users

- Enable any settings option to deny google to show our posts just by searching a username. Don't know if this is possible to be honest.

- Edit posts no matter how old they are if we believe some information should not be online anymore.

- Change our user name regarding privacy reasons or any other serious and legit reason. At least to be considered a possibility.

- Enable/disable our post history to be searched by other users in our personal profile page.

- Previous option I believe should be considered at least with non-SSC users.

- Erase all posts or absolutely detach them of our nickname. (this would help google to not showing our posts on its search engine also)

- Wipe out absolutely all posts and user profile.

Perhaps something isn't well explained so just ask me and I'll try my best. Also, I understand these days are very busy to administrators, so I don't think an answer to all these questions will come fast, let alone truly any of these requests to be full filed but I'd love to be help with this concerns sometime else.

Cheers.
I am on it with VerticalScope.
We have to wait for their answers.

·
Administrator
29,699 Posts
In general, keep in mind that the GDPR is about the protection of personal data. This involves email addresses, cookies, IP addresses and even the username. However, a post is not personal data.

As such,
  • we delete accounts on request, which means we delete email address and IP address
  • we only change user names if there is an obvious privacy issue, or if the user has less than 100 posts. If you have a large number of posts and want to get your username removed, we'll close the account and change the name into "guest". We do this to discourage many people from changing their names, as that just gets confusing
  • we do not mass delete posts as this disturbs the flow of reading. If there is an incidental issue with the content of a post, you can point it out to a moderator.as for the display of your posts or profile in search results.
As for the display of your posts or profile in search results, that just comes with being a member of an open discussion forum

If anyone has a specific question regarding privacy, please report it as a privacy concern on this page.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts