Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
iam_ord
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The development of a 14 - storey class “A” office property along the Independence Avenue, Accra comprising of about 30,000 square meters of* office space. A Development Agreement between the development partners has been signed and the project is at the design stage at the moment.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Rocky, the property appears to be progressing quite well. Proponents of the project indicate that 50% of the building has already been leased.

·
iam_ord
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rocky, the property appears to be progressing quite well. Proponents of the project indicate that 50% of the building has already been leased.
Thanks a lot Bro. Am glad to hear that. But like ability said. Some pictures will be of help :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ground breaking has started
obeeme posted earlier that '...the property appears to be progressing quite well. Proponents of the project indicate that 50% of the building has already been leased.' How do I reconcile this with your post? Maybe a pictorial update will help.

·
Registered
829 Posts
obeeme posted earlier that '...the property appears to be progressing quite well. Proponents of the project indicate that 50% of the building has already been leased.' How do I reconcile this with your post? Maybe a pictorial update will help.
Bro,its in relation to leasing of the office space.Sorry if you got me wrong

·
Registered
159 Posts
I love these projects that's going in Accra but it should be all co-ordinated like a spiders web.
It's soo boring when highrise buildings are built like a solar planet. Each structure is built like a church house and stands alone. It takes away the beauty of the whole shape and structure of the area. Secondly it is a time waste where one has to walk maybe 8-10 min to access other offices as suppose to having them coordinated in the same vicinity.

·
iam_ord
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

This office complex to be built in the central business district CDB of the capital of Ghana, Accra. The concept of design was influenced by the desire to have two independent distinct towers yet connected, the limits, boundaries and location of the site. The building comprises of two basement levels and twelve storeys above ground.

nice development.. i wish it was taller.. like 25 floors

·
Registered
203 Posts
Why isn't it taller? Could it have been less of concrete? Modern buildings these days rely on more steel and glass than concrete in order to deliver very character oriented designs as well as for time to market and quality in finishes. Could you shed some light on why the design materials are chosen?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Anything higher than 14 will not get built under the current AMA boss. He lived so many years in the USA and when he was appointed I had hope that Accra would see a great change but I am now disappointed in him. The politic of appointing only Gas/Adangmes as AMA boss has to be pushed aside. We need a qualified man who has vision and is dedicated change to the benefit of the country.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Anything higher than 14 will not get built under the current AMA boss. He lived so many years in the USA and when he was appointed I had hope that Accra would see a great change but I am now disappointed in him. The politic of appointing only Gas/Adangmes as AMA boss has to be pushed aside. We need a qualified man who has vision and is dedicated change to the benefit of the country.
What did you say again? The politics of appointing only GaAdangmes as AMA has to be pushed aside. Why? FYI Ghana is not Accra. And Accra is not Ghana. Even though i don't like the type of development going on in the capital city i wouldn't spew that kind of rubbish. Ghanaian leaders are generally not smart.I don't agree with you when you single out GaAdangmes. It's wrong.
I don't blame you cos we GaAdangmes have allowed ourselves to be irrelevant.

·
Registered
206 Posts
What did you say again? The politics of appointing only GaAdangmes as AMA has to be pushed aside. Why? FYI Ghana is not Accra. And Accra is not Ghana. Even though i don't like the type of development going on in the capital city i wouldn't spew that kind of rubbish. Ghanaian leaders are generally not smart.I don't agree with you when you single out GaAdangmes. It's wrong.
I don't blame you cos we GaAdangmes have allowed ourselves to be irrelevant.
If you really mean that '' ...Ghana is not Accra. And Accra is not Ghana. '', then why do you have a hard time to accept that The politics of appointing only GaAdangmes as AMA [boss] has to be pushed aside ? You admitted that you don't like the type of development going on in the capital city why would you find it offensive when I say a qualified person, irrespective of his/her tribe, must be appointed to that position. Any Ghanaian who is qualified and dedicated to the developmental agenda of the capital city should be allowed to serve his country in that capacity. S/he doesn't have to be a GaAdangme. I am talking about the development of Accra and Ghana as whole and whosoever is ready to do the job, give him the chance. I have nothing against GaAdangmes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts