Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KHI Ghana, the owner and developer of the Moevenpick Ambassador Hotel, has officially announced it will partner with contractor MAN Enterprise to complete the exclusive 18 home development positioned to be the most prestigious in the country.

KHI Ghana is commencing development of its residential phase, Ambassador Heights.

Located immediately adjacent to the Moevenpick Ambassador Hotel, Ambassador Heights will offer an unparalleled luxury, lifestyle, and investment opportunity.

Homeowners will enjoy the services and amenities of the hotel including pool, fitness, restaurants, retail, and meeting and event facilities.

MAN Enterprise has commenced design work and will begin site mobilization in March 2014. Development will begin in April 2014 and the project is scheduled to complete in late 2015.

MAN Enterprise is an accomplished international leader in the Construction Industry. Headquartered in Beirut, Lebanon, MAN Enterprise was established in 1971. MAN is fully operational in Lebanon, Qatar, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Libya, Iraq, Morocco, Congo, and Ghana. The Company provides turnkey construction project solutions throughout the Middle East and Africa. Their diverse portfolio encompasses a wide range of quality large scale developments in the sectors of residential, infrastructure, recreation, hospitality, education, commercial and industrial.

·
Registered
17,043 Posts
So they are building houses in the centre and skyscrapers in the airport.

I cant ever remember a capital city the size of Accra, anywhere in the world which has so many detached houses with large gardens in the centre.

·
Ghana
211 Posts
So they are building houses in the centre and skyscrapers in the airport. I cant ever remember a capital city the size of Accra, anywhere in the world which has so many detached houses with large gardens in the centre.
Welcome to Accra , a new type of city development

·
Registered
675 Posts
It really makes you wonder if there is any organization that regulates town planning. Last I checked, there is. So the question begs, What kind of nonsense is being taught at the department of planning at KNUST?. We can't say their curriculum is outdated because once upon a time, Accra looked more orderly than now.
In Ghana, people in positions of authority tend to operate with a retrogressive mindset. A society that is desperately struggling to escape Jurassic era mentalities. A society that is struggling to keep up with not just modern trends but common sense practices.
I bet you a certain somebody very high up in the town and country planning department in Accra made a couple of big ones from this project.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Enough of the proposals.... let's bring them to reality Luanda style. Has anyone seen the skylines of luanda. That city has bright future. From war torn depressed city to one of present day contenders in Africa. Amazing... at their pace, will be Africa's Shanghai or Beijing.

·
Registered
675 Posts
It's ironic and at the same time, tragic that of the hundreds of projects that have been proposed and featured here on SSC, a totally senseless and useless project such as this one is actually being pursued, and it looks like vigorously. Heck, if I didn't know better, I'd think it was never proposed!

·
Registered
206 Posts
:eek:hno: Stupid project.
This is a disgrace to the CBD and the mayor of Accra. Backward thinking leaders who lack vision and will to govern.

·
iam_ord
1,018 Posts
:eek:hno: Stupid project.
This is a disgrace to the CBD and the mayor of Accra. Backward thinking leaders who lack vision and will to govern.
is this not surprising and mind blogging that this is a cbd..?????????
i mean??? this is clear evidence that the leaders have been all about looting and sharing with their cronies..

·
Registered
206 Posts
is this not surprising and mind blogging that this is a cbd..?????????
i mean??? this is clear evidence that the leaders have been all about looting and sharing with their cronies..
Oh charley, say that again ooh. Who has bewitched our leaders not to think about us? All potential leaders are only good and intelligent when in opposition.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It looks like refugee homes. This shows the dept of the ghanaian mentality. Very shallow, outmoded, and unromantic. When it comes to hard thinking,Ghanaians are not smart. We are just noise makers that's all. I'm really really disappointed with this ambassodor Heights project. Very UGLY!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Waste of prime land.I am told the whole land on which the movenpick hotel and these houses occupy is 16 acres. This 16 acres could have contained office blocks,residential towers and retail center.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts