SkyscraperCity banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well.........I Told you so !!

I am afraid that hawkers will takeover soon !

See vid below

The Mayor is explaining in this video that he will not tolerate any hawkers ,as he has provided alternative spaces for them

hmmm exactly what we've been thinking of, hawkers don't give a damn about beauty, i was always thinking of the greens lacking protection it could be left unfenced once hawkers don't harm it , if not tables will be introduced to the greens

Bins must be at vantage point and emptied every morning and evening if not waste will heap up over there just like we see in Kaneshie some time ago, hope our Mayor surely don't tolerate hawkers since he knows for sure of the alternative spaces for them

·
Registered
286 Posts
The Accra mayor kept his word ! hahah this is hilarious .

But seriously, How can motorcycle riders go on pavements and ride in the opposite direction of the traffic ???? :eek:hno::eek:hno::eek:hno
:

·
Registered
68 Posts
It is very sad that Ghanaians are always giving excuses for doing the wrong things and blaming it on the devil. My 10yr son will never drop a toffee wrapper until he finds a bin. Born in the UK he has this wired in his brain. In Ghana when bins are provided people use them for other things.

·
Registered
254 Posts
It is very sad that Ghanaians are always giving excuses for doing the wrong things and blaming it on the devil. My 10yr son will never drop a toffee wrapper until he finds a bin. Born in the UK he has this wired in his brain. In Ghana when bins are provided people use them for other things.

man i second you, its part of some Ghanains lives they feel no shame doing it anyway, some people gather rubbish and drop them in gutters.it a shame see heaps of rubbish along the streets of the city. bins get full up and they are not emptied and this is making the work of the Mayor very difficult, its very serious and needs immediate attention.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The street Hawkers has striked again .

Last week it was full of traders ,They turned it into a market ,but the AMA has kicked them out now

·
Registered
286 Posts
This is it guys ! ,The new interchange will turn into a dirty market in no time ,especially when the new government is installed .

Look at this video ,These Hawkers do not want to give up

·
Registered
16,767 Posts
As a people we lack discipline and rule of law.

Only in Rwanda are such laws obeyed.

Im not justifying it- but it would help if we could kickstart manufacturing to absorb all these youth.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Constructing markets across the city will be a first step since majority of africans are in the informal sector. You cannot sweep this people under the carpet and pretend they don't exist. If they refused to trade in already available market spaces then I would fault the people. But it appears these traders where displaced by the new infrastructure and after it was finished, they came back. Another thing is they have customers here too. Its not just the sellers, but the buyers of whatever is being sold that is contributing to the problem and the government failure to allocate suitable spaces for them.

141 - 152 of 152 Posts