Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
iam_ord
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ACCRA LANDMARK
ACCRA - GHANA - 2010
The site lies directly along the coast of the Gulf of Guinea in central, downtown Accra. Based on the existing development programme provided by the client, the project is being developed as an urban mixed-use scheme.
The concept consists of a combination of traditional mixed-use components (residential, office, retail), set within a contemporary scheme intended to bring a new-found sense of vibrancy and energy to Accra’s urban core. To complement the primary land uses, we proposed a range of entertainment and leisure components that would cater to the on-site residential and office communities as well as appeal to the wider resident market and international visitors.

·
iam_ord
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great project. Too bad it's not "Under Construction" I bet it'll never see the light of day. Pretty good renderings nonetheless.
You are right. I do hope to see it come up soon.. This project alone can give accra a good facelift. And is perfect for the downtown.This are the kind of buildings accra deserves and not all these glorified high rise buildings we see around.

·
iam_ord
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well its surely a project to look out for cos I found out that the project is part of agreements inked between Singapore and Ghana GIPC to promote public and private sector partnership. .SP Architects Planners & Engineers and ABP Consult, consultancies from Singapore and Ghana respectively, signed an agreement to jointly work together for the sourcing and servicing of real estate development projects in Ghana.
all the best tho.. Ghana will rise

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Actually, not only Accra.All the coasts in Ghana where there are towns and cities. I dont want to simply replace fishing communities but the situation is really bad. Slums line the coast of CC, Takoradi and Accra.

·
iam_ord
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I cry everytime i see the Accra coast.
From the look of things it seems we have to form a group as concerned ghanians to address the way our metropolitan assemblies and govt handle the urban planning in ghana.. There is a group like that I see on twitter but they are not soo effective.. The accra coast is soo beautiful.. But we got some old men with old brains sitting in high places.. Just look at the ama site.. Ugly and hardly updated.. And they say they are positioning Accra as a hub. I had a look @ the height zoning and wondered who set that up.. It really pathetic! A lot I could pin point on this matter!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts