SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Republic of Ghana, in fulfilment of its social obligation of providing shelter to the people of Ghana has agreed with Sethi Realty Limited for the development and construction of affordable apartments situated in Kpone, Greater Accra. On 12th of May 2011, this agreement was made official between Sethi Realty Limited and the Republic of Ghana through the Ministry of Water Resources, Works and Housing. The Republic has allocated 95acres of land to Sethi Realty Limited to construct 4200 affordable two & three bedroom apartments. The land is approximately 15 minutes drive from Accra Mall and 5 minutes from the main Tema roundabout. It is a fast developing residential area of Tema. Nyame Dua City will be an integrated township with all infrastructure amenities like: roads, drainage, sewage system, ESR, tot-lots, play-ground, public utility buildings, clinics, schools, convenience shops, car parks etc…

Developer
Sethi Realty Limited is developing practical good quality homes at affordable prices for sale to the general public. Units are offered with, solid wooded doors, fully fitted modern kitchens with gas stove and oven, energy saving lighting, tiled floors, aluminium sliding windows and doors, fully fitted contemporary toilets and 1600liters of water reservoir per apartment. Sethi Realty Limited is also a member of GREDA (Ghana Real Estate Development Association).

Contractors
On 17th September 2012, Shapoorji & Pallonji Ghana Limited was awarded the contract to build phase one, 240 units; 120 two and three bedroom apartments, which is due for completion mid of 2015. Work commenced on February 2013.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Tema is a big respectable city on its own therefore does not need this village and rubbish nyame dua city name in it. The Indigenous people are Gas so what's this Nyame dua nonsense. Ghana needs highrise affordable housing to accommodate alot of people. We need at least 12 to 16 story apartment and not these 3 and 4 story. Even Big countries with large tracks of lands are building highrise. Why not us come on. I don't know why we think like small babies all the time. To me it's very clear ghanaians have no future in Ghana.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tema is a big respectable city on its own therefore does not need this village and rubbish nyame dua city name in it. The Indigenous people are Gas so what's this Nyame dua nonsense. Ghana needs highrise affordable housing to accommodate alot of people. We need at least 12 to 16 story apartment and not these 3 and 4 story. Even Big countries with large tracks of lands are building highrise. Why not us come on. I don't know why we think like small babies all the time. To me it's very clear ghanaians have no future in Ghana.
@mgbjro u are a disgusting fella. Fr once I thought u wld appreciate the governmnt's efforts. U deem the project useless bcos it hs an ashanti name on a Ga land?? U pple always promoting tribalism! 16floor apprtmnts are built in city centers whr land availability is scarce and nt in som outskirt county whr theres evn doubt pple will move there withn d shortest possible time. Dd Pres. Kuffour ever build a 16floor apprtmnt fr u? I hv a feeling u are nt evn ghanaian! Get a life dude! puff!:eek:hno::cheers:

·
Registered
158 Posts
@mgbjro u are a disgusting fella. Fr once I thought u wld appreciate the governmnt's efforts. U deem the project useless bcos it hs an ashanti name on a Ga land?? U pple always promoting tribalism! 16floor apprtmnts are built in city centers whr land availability is scarce and nt in som outskirt county whr theres evn doubt pple will move there withn d shortest possible time. Dd Pres. Kuffour ever build a 16floor apprtmnt fr u? I hv a feeling u are nt evn ghanaian! Get a life dude! puff!:eek:hno::cheers:
Mr NK.Osei i'm a GaAdangme and not a tribalist. I'm just voicing and sharing my opinion. I say things that concerns me and my community and not just say things to please others. The lands in accra and tema are all finished. Building 3 and 4 storey building horizontal is a waste of space. We have to use our common sense and to maximise the use of our scarce land resources. When i say this, is it tribalism? Btw what does this name nyame dua city supposed to mean in the city of tema?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks Ability for this. I am not surprise to see this because I know about other interesting affordable housing projects across the country. Keep updates coming dude.

Government has also contracted Construtora OAS Ghana Limited, a Brazilian Construction firm, to build 5,000 housing units off the Accra-Aflao raod. The project called ''Saglemi Housing project'' is current under construction and it is located only few minutes from the Palm Groove City, PGC, which is also progressing well. Here is the exact location of the project: from Central University College's main compus ---- PGC ----Hope City----- Indutrial Park----Saglemi Affordable Housing project.

I have pictures but I don't know how to post them so check the following links and open a thread for it. Rocky you can post it if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbJdhvZhXmc

http://www.maquetesdearquitectura.pt/#!esc-1200-a-1100/c22tz

http://myjoyonline.com/news/2015/Ma...lauds-progress-of-saglemi-housing-project.php

http://www.graphic.com.gh/news/gene...saglemi-housing-project-ready-march-2016.html

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fhcommsbureau/sets/72157637659418855/

http://www.adomonline.com/news_details.php?article=2004

·
Registered
206 Posts
mbgjro please relax, Okay? naming small projects, and even single buildings in some cases, a city is a Ghanaian thing. The term is used to attract potential buyers but when the project is completed, the intended-to-appeal name is barely used.

·
Registered
158 Posts
mbgjro please relax, Okay? naming small projects, and even single buildings in some cases, a city is a Ghanaian thing. The term is used to attract potential buyers but when the project is completed, the intended-to-appeal name is barely used.
Relax for what? why i shouldn't speak my mind or what? We all see things differently and it doesn't mean i'm right or wrong. Besides i didn't say i know everything. Neither You nor anybody else. What i only want is Ghana to look attractive and pleasant to live comfortably. What's the problem here?

·
Registered
21 Posts
16 floors? Where will you get the electricity to power the elevators. How many Gas can afford these affordable houses. Don't be too emotional with your opinions, say it objectively.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Relax for what? why i shouldn't speak my mind or what? We all see things differently and it doesn't mean i'm right or wrong. Besides i didn't say i know everything. Neither You nor anybody else. What i only want is Ghana to look attractive and pleasant to live comfortably. What's the problem here?
Go ahead and speak your mind and do it whichever way you want but be reminded that a city does not need tall buildings to look attractive and comfortable to live in. Most residential apartments the world over are not tall. Proper planning and good maintenance are key to what defines attractive city. How many buildings in Accra's CBD have more than 16 storeys? Let alone a residential apartment that is located more than 25km away from the CBD. No one is preventing you from speaking your mind but the sad truth is that you don't need to be emotional with your subjective thought. Peace.

·
iam_ord
1,018 Posts
mbgjro I feel what you posted is uncalled for and degrading for ghana as a nation, am a GA as well, but since you chose to bring up the tribal aspect in development, I ask, what is holding GA people from bringing up similar developments and having it in whichever GA name they please? Did anyone tie their hands.? I feel rather than burst out, your post should be directed to your own indigenous people. This is similar to what is going on in south Africa. That some of the indigenous black South African's complain that the foreign immigrants are taking their jobs in their own lands, could it be that they are being cheated, or just low iq'd and can't keep up with competition? We really need to get our minds right as a people if this country is to move forward. I know of a couple of residential projects going on in Accra that exceed the floors you wish for. of which some have been posted , but the truth is that even if it's posted you will have one thing or the other to critic about the project. I know Ghana is going through problems, but one thing i know for sure is that Ghana is not a clueless country. These are problems of a developing African nation. So don't begin to feel our flaws are so unique.. Only if if we can utilize our brains and our scarce resources. You can only imagine where we would be by now. There goes a saying that a people deserve the king that rules over them. Which seems to be true. Above all the governments mistake I can see that majority of the masses are more clueless than the government . which is not helping matters. If you don't know, as a member of skyscrapercity Ghana section, you are a Ghanaian ambassador expected to project Ghana positively. Of which there is a whole lot of positive to showcase, if you don't do that, is it another country man that will come and do it for you.? When you see your country as clueless. Clueless you will continue to see. As an ambassador your post paints a picture of the state of the country for potential investors and the world . Let's try and maintain maturity in our dealings. It's Ghana first.

·
iam_ord
1,018 Posts
Thanks Ability for this. I am not surprise to see this because I know about other interesting affordable housing projects across the country. Keep updates coming dude.

Government has also contracted Construtora OAS Ghana Limited, a Brazilian Construction firm, to build 5,000 housing units off the Accra-Aflao raod. The project called ''Saglemi Housing project'' is current under construction and it is located only few minutes from the Palm Groove City, PGC, which is also progressing well. Here is the exact location of the project: from Central University College's main compus ---- PGC ----Hope City----- Indutrial Park----Saglemi Affordable Housing project.

I have pictures but I don't know how to post them so check the following links and open a thread for it. Rocky you can post it if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbJdhvZhXmc

http://www.maquetesdearquitectura.pt/#!esc-1200-a-1100/c22tz

http://myjoyonline.com/news/2015/Ma...lauds-progress-of-saglemi-housing-project.php

http://www.graphic.com.gh/news/gene...saglemi-housing-project-ready-march-2016.html

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fhcommsbureau/sets/72157637659418855/

http://www.adomonline.com/news_details.php?article=2004
Good to know Bro. I know the pgcity is coming up. Will see what I can do with the pics

·
Registered
158 Posts
mbgjro I feel what you posted is uncalled for and degrading for ghana as a nation, am a GA as well, but since you chose to bring up the tribal aspect in development, I ask, what is holding GA people from bringing up similar developments and having it in whichever GA name they please? Did anyone tie their hands.? I feel rather than burst out, your post should be directed to your own indigenous people. This is similar to what is going on in south Africa. That some of the indigenous black South African's complain that the foreign immigrants are taking their jobs in their own lands, could it be that they are being cheated, or just low iq'd and can't keep up with competition? We really need to get our minds right as a people if this country is to move forward. I know of a couple of residential projects going on in Accra that exceed the floors you wish for. of which some have been posted , but the truth is that even if it's posted you will have one thing or the other to critic about the project. I know Ghana is going through problems, but one thing i know for sure is that Ghana is not a clueless country. These are problems of a developing African nation. So don't begin to feel our flaws are so unique.. Only if if we can utilize our brains and our scarce resources. You can only imagine where we would be by now. There goes a saying that a people deserve the king that rules over them. Which seems to be true. Above all the governments mistake I can see that majority of the masses are more clueless than the government . which is not helping matters. If you don't know, as a member of skyscrapercity Ghana section, you are a Ghanaian ambassador expected to project Ghana positively. Of which there is a whole lot of positive to showcase, if you don't do that, is it another country man that will come and do it for you.? When you see your country as clueless. Clueless you will continue to see. As an ambassador your post paints a picture of the state of the country for potential investors and the world . Let's try and maintain maturity in our dealings. It's Ghana first.
Well said Rocky and i applaud you for that. But let me be very clear that I'm not in anyway tribalist. Far from that. I'm just saying that what has Nyame dua city got to do with the location in Tema which is a Ga tradtional area. Should Ga people start reading and speaking twi in their tradtional area? No they shouldn't. That's my opinion. if you want to live with people in their community you speak their language and you are very welcome. Please this is not tribalism. I'm a ghanaian and that's it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well said Rocky and i applaud you for that. But let me be very clear that I'm not in anyway tribalist. Far from that. I'm just that what has Nyame dua city got to do with the location in Tema which is a Ga tradtional area. Should Ga people start reading and speaking twi in their tradtional area? No they shouldn't. That's my opinion. if you want to live with people in their community you speak their language and you are very welcome. Please this is not tribalism. I'm a ghanaian and that's it.[/

You are a tribalist, I am from northern region but I know everything about ashantis is not liked. People are even scared of thier language taking over, you speak English, what is wrong with your brother's language twi. Will you complain if English takes over ga traditional area.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well said Rocky and i applaud you for that. But let me be very clear that I'm not in anyway tribalist. Far from that. I'm just that what has Nyame dua city got to do with the location in Tema which is a Ga tradtional area. Should Ga people start reading and speaking twi in their tradtional area? No they shouldn't. That's my opinion. if you want to live with people in their community you speak their language and you are very welcome. Please this is not tribalism. I'm a ghanaian and that's it.[/

You are a tribalist, I am from northern region but I know everything about ashantis is not liked. People are even scared of thier language taking over, you speak English, what is wrong with your brother's language twi. Will you complain if English takes over ga traditional area.[/QUOTE

What's wrong speaking Ga in Ga traditional area. When i was a kid those who came to accra learned how to speak Ga and spoke Ga very well. Btw Don't compare Twi to English ok. English is our national language. Ghana is not a twi speaking country. You said you comes from the north isn't it? Yea right. Do Gas travel to the north and compel northerners to abandon their native language and speak Ga? In accra our native language is to speak Ga. If you think i'm being tribalist promoting my native language in my traditional area, fine so be it. I don't want Gas to be colonized again. We can't be seen as being irrelevent in our own traditional area. Just because we welcome everybody and have big heart.

·
Registered
116 Posts

You are a tribalist, I am from northern region but I know everything about ashantis is not liked. People are even scared of thier language taking over, you speak English, what is wrong with your brother's language twi. Will you complain if English takes over ga traditional area.[/QUOTE

What's wrong speaking Ga in Ga traditional area. When i was a kid those who came to accra learned how to speak Ga and spoke Ga very well. Btw Don't compare Twi to English ok. English is our national language. Ghana is not a twi speaking country. You said you comes from the north isn't it? Yea right. Do Gas travel to the north and compel northerners to abandon their native language and speak Ga? In accra our native language is to speak Ga. If you think i'm being tribalist promoting my native language in my traditional area, fine so be it. I don't want Gas to be colonized again. We can't be seen as being irrelevent in our own traditional area. Just because we welcome everybody and have big heart.

Hey mbgjro, I'm a Ga too and I really do understand your point. But as Accra is the Capital these types of situations are constantly going to arise. And honestly I don't know whether it's good or bad. it's going to be difficult to find a balance in having a capital in Accra that's representative of Ghana as a whole and and Accra that's a Ga tradtional area.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts