Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the ABC website.

The ACT Planning and Land Authority (PLA) has given the go-ahead to a nine storey development in Civic in Canberra's inner-north.

The development will be built on the former cinema site at the corner of Bunda and Mort streets.

It will include a mix of retail and office space as well as a basement car park.

The PLA's Neil Savery says approval has been granted with conditions relating to pedestrian safety and traffic management.

"This is an area where this is significant pedestrian movement and other vehicle activity particularly arising out of the new Canberra Centre development and the Taxation Office development," he said.

"So we've restricted movement into and out of the underground car park to deal with traffic management."

Mr Savery says the developer will also be required to build on awning on Mort street for pedestrians.

"The awning provides that all weather protection and it's something that we try to achieve in all new development to provide continuous weather protection for pedestrians as they move along streets," he said.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The old greater Union cinema is almost gone.... ACTEW will move into this when does as their new Civic HQ

·
Registered
30 Posts
New tennants for this one are to be ACTEWAGL -
Their building on 221 London Crcuit is to be vacated in favour of this more effcient marvel.

:banana:
:carrot:

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
7st isnt big enough in my opinion. The government claims they want taller building and higher density in the city yet theyre wasting more space wit another low rise. i dont get it

·
can the can
1,144 Posts
7st isnt big enough in my opinion. The government claims they want taller building and higher density in the city yet theyre wasting more space wit another low rise. i dont get it
Canberra should be low rise. Height isn't the issue here, it's design, and this is a pile of shit. Canberra should be trying much harder to build beautiful buildings, like it did in the past. It seems any old crap is good enough now.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Canberra should be low rise. Height isn't the issue here, it's design, and this is a pile of shit. Canberra should be trying much harder to build beautiful buildings, like it did in the past. It seems any old crap is good enough now.
it needs bigger than 7 storey. they have no room in the offices which is y theyre building more but theyre gonna run out of space extremly quickly building tiny buildings. im not talking extreme high rise i mean like 15-20 storeys coz civic is running out of space coz it is the least dense place on the planet

1 - 20 of 49 Posts