1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.kurtlarvadisifilistin.com/

Movie Trailer

Scene is starting with Mavi Marmara

Valley of the Wolves: Palestine,” inspired by the May 31 Israeli attack on the Mavi Marmara, a Turkish humanitarian aid ship heading to Gaza, that resulted in the deaths of nine people, will hit theaters in November in about 100 countries around the world.

The movie is based on the controversial television series “Kurtlar Vadisi” (Valley of the Wolves) and will be a follow up to “Valley of the Wolves: Iraq” (2006) and “Valley of the Wolves: Gladio” (2008).

Ever since the movie came on the agenda, claims that it will increase the already high tension between Turkey and Israel have emerged. Some changes were to the movie’s plot after Israel’s attack on the Gaza-bound aid flotilla. The movie aims to take revenge on Israel for the deadly raid that led to an outcry worldwide. “Valley of the Wolves: Palestine” is projected to cost over $10 million, making it one of the most expensive Turkish films ever.

According to the synopsis, the hero of the series, Polat Alemdar -- a gun-toting agent with a fondness for sharp tailoring -- and his men go to Palestine in the wake of Israel’s attack on the aid flotilla. Following much effort, Polat and his men capture the Israeli commander, named Moshe Ben Eliezer, who planned and managed the raid.

Played by Necati Şaşmaz -- who had never acted before -- whose voice is dubbed by another actor, Polat is sometimes described as the Turkish James Bond. Millions of young Turks idolize him, imitating his mannerisms and speech.

The “Valley of the Wolves” franchise -- made by the production company Pana Film -- has enjoyed tremendous success in Turkey. The title evokes mythological images from a story beloved by nationalists of a lone wolf that guided Turks out of a Central Asian valley where they had been trapped by enemies.
http://www.todayszaman.com/news-219062-valley-of-the-wolves-palestine.html

·
arctic tern
3,240 Posts
Too bad they didn't cooperate with that Swedish journalist, I'm sure he would have provided some footage of Israelis eating Palestinians, stealing their organs or whatever.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The phrases of the actors are so funny :lol: .Remembers me the Rambo movies.

Jew : " This land is our holy land"

Polat Alemdar : " I don´t know which land is holy or not but i promise that the earth under you right now will be holy"

:rofl:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jew : "The arab population is increasing here.We must stop them."

His friend : " Only the big israel project can save us "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

IDF Soldier : " Turk what are you doing in Israel ?"

Polat Alemdar :" I am not in Israel,i am in Palestine"

·
سعودي
1,149 Posts
I'v seen valley of the wolves : Iraq , and it was good .
Looking forward to this :)

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Valley of the Wolves : Iraq was also a big hit in Europe.But after a while it was forbidden in the cinemas.

·
22,342 Posts
חבר1.0;67236727 said:
Pathetic.
+1

It's a total embarrassment, even worse than the Rambo series (I only liked "First Blood" in that series anyway)

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
you can't really complain after the "first blood" with the "Iron Eagle" films.

what goes around comes around.

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
חבר1.0;71487419 said:
What is that?
movies where you depict the "others" in a very derogatory manner and make sh*t up as "artistic licence"...

If pro-israeli film producers can have "artistic licence" why can't anti-israeli film producers?

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
if this topic interests you. have a look at:

Reel Bad Arabs: How Hollywood Vilifies a People (ISBN 1-56656-388-7, Olive Branch Press) is a 2001 book by Jack Shaheen where he surveyed more than 900 film appearances of Arab characters. Of those, only a dozen were positive and 50 were balanced. Shaheen writes "Seen through Hollywood's distorted lenses, Arabs look different and threatening.".[1]
He contends that the movies with the most anti-Arab content are: Rules of Engagement (2000), The Delta Force (1986) Death Before Dishonor (1987) and True Lies (1994).
Included on the "worst list" is:
The Black Stallion (1979)
The Black Stallion Returns (1984)
Protocol (1984)
Back to the Future (1985)
The Delta Force (1986)
Iron Eagle (1986)
Ishtar (1987)
The Taking of Flight 847 (1988)
Terror in Beverly Hills (1988)
The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990)
Navy SEALs (1990)
Killing Streets (1991)
Chain of Command (1993)
Bloodfist VI: Ground Zero (1994)
True Lies (1994)
Operation Condor (1997)
Freedom Strike (1998)
Rules of Engagement (2000)
Inspired by the "worst list", a 9-minute-long trailer called "Planet of the Arabs" [2] was assembled. This short was an Official Selection at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival.
and this all before 9/11 to boot. You will find "israeli / jewish / zionists" in leading roles/directors of most of those .

Since you've been "giving it" for many decades. You should take a little "return" on the chin ;) eh.

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
@Sheytan,

You are just making yourself look more and more like an ignorant and racist asshole, you are just perpetuating the anti-semitic canard that Jews control the world and control the media and control Hollywood. So you are justifying racist label with your own racist beliefs. This is number 1.

Second, how can you justify target Israel if it was American films (not Israeli films) which made Arabs into the bad guys in the first place. It doesn't make any sense.

Third, Arabs and Germans are racist enough as it is (vis-a-vis Jews); the last thing that's needed is more blood libels to further justify the deligitimization and dehumaniation of Jews.

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
חבר1.0;71489263 said:
@Sheytan,

You are just making yourself look more and more like an ignorant and racist asshole,
go on then. justify the above diatribe, I won't reply to your insults in kind, I can debate with people without insults, unlike you it seems.

you are just perpetuating the anti-semitic canard that Jews control the world and control the media and control Hollywood. So you are justifying racist label with your own racist beliefs. This is number 1.
I never said any of the above. and I challenge you to show where I did. My "comments" were limited to a list of a few films among many thousands of films, and not all of those were by jews... and include many by decidedly non-jewish "zionists" (as I wrote in my post, very clearly).

here's the list i put up.

The Black Stallion (1979) - jewish writer.
The Black Stallion Returns (1984) - jewish writer
Protocol (1984) - jewish writer
Back to the Future (1985) - No israelis or jews!
The Delta Force (1986) - Israeli film
Iron Eagle (1986) - Israeli film
Ishtar (1987) - Jewish writer
The Taking of Flight 847 (1988) - jewish writer
Terror in Beverly Hills (1988) - jewish writer
The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990) - jewish writer
Navy SEALs (1990) - jewish writer
Killing Streets (1991) - no israelis or jews (except the stars of the film)
Chain of Command (1993) - ????
Bloodfist VI: Ground Zero (1994) - jewish writer
True Lies (1994) - No israelis or jews
Operation Condor (1997) - ????
Freedom Strike (1998) - jewish director
Rules of Engagement (2000) - Jewish director

-so there you have it. out of that "brief list" only 2 don't have a jewish writer or director.

Do you dispute the fact that out of 900 films with "arab" roles, only 12 (1.3%) had a "positive" view of arabs and 858 had a negative stereotype of arabs (95%). That's a pretty horrendous record of negative stereotyping? would you agree?

Second, how can you justify target Israel if it was American films (not Israeli films) which made Arabs into the bad guys in the first place. It doesn't make any sense.
but this film wasn't made by arabs at all :D , just by someone with "pro arab" and "anti-israel" symphathies... just like the hollywood 900 in reverse! You see, it does make sense ;)

Third, Arabs and Germans are racist enough as it is (vis-a-vis Jews); the last thing that's needed is more blood libels to further justify the deligitimization and dehumaniation of Jews.
I agree with you here. But of course you should add to that the reverse where over 900+ "hollywood" films since the 1960s have consistently propagated racist views and extremely prejudiced stereotypes against arabs (would you disagree?).

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.