SkyscraperCity banner

3421 - 3440 of 4364 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Where is the first picture with the two girls? Only sign it is in Ethiopia are the yellow and green korkoros (used to fence construction areas) in the background.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
This bust of Alexander Pushkin used to stand on Sar Bet Square, it is a shame it was removed and placed in such a corner, while they keep that tacky and amateurish statue of Karl Heinz on Tele Square.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
What is going on here? Is the cobblestone sinking into the ground or does it have some sort of "icing" on top?
After they finish the road they would pour fine gravel on it and sweep it to seal the gaps between between the stones, so the gravel fix the stones in place and make the road water proof.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
This bust of Alexander Pushkin used to stand on Sar Bet Square, it is a shame it was removed and placed in such a corner, while they keep that tacky and amateurish statue of Karl Heinz on Tele Square.

That Karl staue scares me :lol::lol: Dr Evil? :lol:

·
Registered
372 Posts

I suppose i share the sentiment of FKebede. Even at death, Mr. Pushkin's harrowing verses dictate my latter days. I wonder though if he himself would like a statue of himself.

"I've lived to bury my desires,
And see my dreams corrode with rust;
Now all that's left are fruitless fires
That burn my empty heart to dust."
- Alexander Pushkin

3421 - 3440 of 4364 Posts