SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
3881 - 3900 of 4401 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Nice pics ... why don't you post it on IMGUR?
https://imgurinc.com/

You can also grab the URL from bottom right arrow and select "View all sizes". Sometimes this URL though expire ... Flickr is irritating so don't blame me if they go missing :)

Thank you GetlostinET, I'v never ried imgur I will try it, flicker is too annoying indeed, specially with the internet in Ethio, it took me several hours just to upload this pics, I have few more ill try imgur.

Great Job FKB! Are you in Addis now?
Thank you Sky, i haven't been back to the forum since i posted those pics, i'm back in london today, Addis was great, but the air quality is really getting worse from bad, I was surprised to see Adama too is catching up with Addis in bad air quality, I'm sure that city by now has over or close to the million pop mark. Anyway Ill post some pics soon of around Ledeta.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I've taken lots of pic's during my trip but most are not worthy of being posted here, I've picked this two short clips for the Lideta area.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
^^ How did you find Addis FKebede?
Hello AM, Addis is great but the air pollution is one thing that strike me from the moment i stet foot , i arrived there in the early morning, so i saw the thick smog settled on the city from the plane, i also had the chance to travel to Shashemene, Asela, and Nazret. i can see that cities all over Ethio are swelling in size. One more thing that i noticed is, Nazret is not far behind Addis in terms of pollution. God help us.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Rwanda seems to be the only country in Africa that knows what urban development actually is. Here is how Kigali city looks, very clean, very ordered, and well managed. Just seeing how disciplined the citizens of Rwanda are, I can't help thinking this country may be the first one in Africa that would join the rank of developed countries of the world.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
we have to give credit to the efficient leadership of Paul Kagame.
Rwandans went thru hardship after the terrible genocide but they proved to be highly resilient and successfully moved forward: Rwanda has built its own effective economic model, setup gender parity, scores the best in doing business in Africa, is building an ICT hub (bigger than Ethiopia), provide the best health care in Africa etc..

remember, Kagame was labelled as 'dictator' by his former colonial power (France) which, by the way, I highly suspect them having hands full of blood.
getting rid of french language and adopting english was smart move, and a rebuke of former colonial power.

Leadership is the KEY : within the next 5/10 years, Rwanda will be spectacular !

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
we have to give credit to the efficient leadership of Paul Kagame.
Rwandans went thru hardship after the terrible genocide but they proved to be highly resilient and successfully moved forward: Rwanda has built its own effective economic model, setup gender parity, scores the best in doing business in Africa, is building an ICT hub (bigger than Ethiopia), provide the best health care in Africa etc..

remember, Kagame was labelled as 'dictator' by his former colonial power (France) which, by the way, I highly suspect them having hands full of blood.
getting rid of french language and adopting english was smart move, and a rebuke of former colonial power.

Leadership is the KEY : within the next 5/10 years, Rwanda will be spectacular !
I bet every Rwandan "pro democracy activist" "journalist" "human Rights activist" is camped in France and waiting for their time now.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
^^

·
Surprisingly optimistic!
12,750 Posts
^^The wonders of telephoto lenses. Something needs to be done about the KK Tower, though. Right now it blends in with the construction, but soon all the bank buildings near it will be finished and it will stick out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
^^The wonders of telephoto lenses. Something needs to be done about the KK Tower, though. Right now it blends in with the construction, but soon all the bank buildings near it will be finished and it will stick out like a sore thumb.
Awash Bank should buy it at a firesale for the supposed new addition to their office space assuming it is available for purchase. They will save their shareholders a lot of money and get a building that is partially complete and next to their HQ.

Reactions: yosef
3881 - 3900 of 4401 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.