SkyscraperCity banner

4321 - 4340 of 4376 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
The thing I don't like about Bole is that if you can go unnoticed in the rest of the city, there instead you have people who make of foreigners their livelihood. One will end up being harassed in English by a variety of hustlers, something that doesn't happen anywhere else.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The Old Airport area/neighborhood is a hidden gem and 100 x better than Bole. Not flashy or crowded, but rather tranquil luxury in the middle of the city away from all the flashy things.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
The Old Airport area/neighborhood is a hidden gem and 100 x better than Bole. Not flashy or crowded, but rather tranquil luxury in the middle of the city away from all the flashy things.

I agree. Old airport is more relaxed and kickback with the right mix of commercial and residential quarters. Tall buildings, futuristic looking villas, green areas, and traditional mud houses can all be found here. Yes I'm starting to miss the traditional mud and korkoro houses in Addis!

Bole by contrast is becoming a sort of concrete jungle. Many of the old villas are being demolished and replaced with malls, office blocks, and tall apartment buildings with around 20 floors.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts

·
ye Kebele chairman
4,346 Posts
Beautiful. If Im not mistaken, that is Menelik mausoleum also... is that correct?

4321 - 4340 of 4376 Posts