Not open for further replies.
4381 - 4400 of 4401 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Great pics !!
Is covid over in ethiopia ?
So much crowd and little
Thx! COVID is still around. Doctors say the numbers are going up but the most affected group is older people with pre existing conditions. Young people seem to recover quickly or not show any symptoms at all. Older people are much more conscious about wearing their masks. Others put on their masks when required. Shops, schools, taxis etc require masks but compliance depends on how well enforced it is. Some place s won’t let you in if you don’t have a mask on. Others couldn’t care less.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts

·
Registered
10,563 Posts
^^ Interesting. I’m following two female vloggers that are currently in Addis Ababa together (but post on separate YouTube channels). They talk about how relatively calm and orderly the city is in relation to people & traffic during rush hour. One is from Nigeria and the other is Kenyan.

A lot has changed since 2016, so I understand that their experiences might differ a little but things like this are mainly based on previous experiences. If you’re coming from New Delhi, Addis might not be so chaotic in comparison, but if you’re from Scandinavia, you’ll obviously find it very different.

·
Registered
847 Posts
The following was posted in 2016 but the problem (among other things) has not gone .in fact it's increased multiple times all over the town.honestly,glossing over it is not the solution.
Walking the streets of Addis Ababa is extremely dangerous! – Joshua Kristal, Photographer (wordpress.com)
Well that one is still enrages me. Whoever is designing and building the sidewalks is an incompetent dolt. If you’re not familiar with where you’re going or you’re not hyper-vigilant, you will end up with a twisted ankle or worse.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Deleted

Reactions: yosiast and tazabi

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
The picture you've pulled out of that tweet is not of Addis. For starters, the Hyatt doesn't look like that.
Deleted, we don't tolerate fake posts at Fkebede media. 😄😄

Reactions: Simfan34
4381 - 4400 of 4401 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.