SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 4376 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
a Golf park requires a HUGE amount of water....since water is scarce in Ethiopia, Do we have to rejoice of expanding this water-voracious business dedicated for (a tiny) wealthy people ?
If the city government can spend millions of gallons of water for golf...we should provide at least the same amount of water to residents...
There is a whole river underneath Addis Abeba - Water is not that scarce. The only question is whether they are using government funds to do this.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Addis Ababa by Night

Reactions: yosef

·
Registered
934 Posts
^^ ሆድ ሲያውቅ ዶሮ ማታ።

·
Registered
934 Posts
There is a whole river underneath Addis Abeba - Water is not that scarce. The only question is whether they are using government funds to do this.
ወንዝ ብቻ፣ ውኃ ክፍል የሚሰራ ዘምዱሌ፤ ኣዲሳባን ለማጥለቅለቅ የሚችል ጠለሉ በጣም ወደሥር ያልራቀ ሐይቅ ኣለ ብሎ ነግሮኝ ነበር።

·
Surprisingly optimistic!
12,724 Posts
That last shot... wow. Real density. The Bedilu building could use a wash, though. That, and I hope they have a plan for what to do with all the overhead cables. Obviously not first on the list of priorities, but it would be great if we could have at least one "improvement" to things that actually makes the city look better, for once. I accept that Addis is going to (and I suspect already does) look like this, maybe they can at least spare us the wires:

Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok by Seb, on Flickr

·
Surprisingly optimistic!
12,724 Posts
Is the building in the far right of the first picture, the KK tower? If so, that is good news. It looks like construction has resumed.
No, the picture is facing to the southeast, the building at far right is the Maritime Authority Office (or something like that), and actually has also been stalled for some time. I can't tell from that picture if they're working on it again, which would be a story in its own right.

·
Registered
934 Posts
የመሐል ባንኮክ ኣንዱ ትልቁ ችግር ይህ ነው። የባቡር፣ የመኪና፣ ድልድይ በጠባብ መንገዶች መሐል ዱለው እንኳን ሊኖርበት ሲያልፉበት እስትንፋስ ያሳጥራል። ይሄ ከተማ ማሳመር ከሆነ ባፍንጫዬ ይውጣ፤ የማመላለሻ ችግር ከመቅረፍ ኣንጻር ከታየ ግን የግዴን እቀበለዋለሁ።

41 - 60 of 4376 Posts