Nkrabea Nni Kwatibea
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Addis Ababa Exhibition Center ~ Proposed ~ Mixed Use ~ 35 Fl. x 1, 12 Fl. x 1

Project Name: Addis Ababa Exhibition Center
Projected year of completion: 2011
Area: 750,000 sf

Description:

The design for the Addis Ababa Exhibition Centre Site creates a fully integrated and pedestrian centered mixed-use development of over 70,000 square meters built on nearly 4.5 acres in north east Africa. Providing dynamic retail, food and beverage amenities, office space, cultural and entertainment facilities, and a business hotel, the design of this development incorporates the existing adjacent Addis Ababa Museum, providing an iconic destination retail, entertainment and cultural environment. Serving both local inhabitants and visitors alike, the design solution seeks to create a lively and informal ground level experience tied to the natural landscape coupled with a more formal and structured experience that rises from the lower level as a series of well sculpted towers.

More pictures:

Official Website: http://www.fxfowle.com/projects/retail/addis-ababa-exhibition-center.php

*Information courtesy of Addiscity & japopian*

·
Registered
819 Posts
damn nigeria...
i hope u guys achieve ur 2020 goal :)

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
^ indeed. I'll believe it when I see it. any updates on the construction so far?

if it does get built it would change the city's skyline dramatically. it's also nice to see a building with the highest quality material, unlike most buildings that are now being built.

·
Mister One Million
5,485 Posts
From the render it looks like this is just south of Meskel Sqaure and west of Bole rd., in between Bole and Debre Zeyit.

Wow! I really hope that they are serious about this cause am tired of projects that never get built.
??

Most of the projects that have been posted here for Ethiopia have been promptly completed.

·
Banned
16,927 Posts
Very nice!

·
Banned
2,941 Posts
Now this is art. This is a wow. I think this is one of the most wonderful building proposed in Sub Africa and I want to see it being build

·
instagram: t.l.rekarte
59,831 Posts
innovative architecture for Ethiopia, although I did not like much, but I'll wait to see how it goes

·
skxawng by tsu'tey
6,544 Posts
and I thought this project was from nigeria...awsome :applause: make it happen

1 - 20 of 66 Posts