SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Addis Ababa "new flower" is a state, the capital and the largest city in Ethiopia, with a population of 3,384,569 according to the 2007 population census.
The city hosts the African Union and its predecessor the OAU headquarters. Addis Ababa is therefore often referred to as "the political capital of Africa", due to its historical, diplomatic and political significance for the continent. The city is populated by people from different regions of Ethiopia – the country has as many as 80 nationalities speaking 80 languages and belonging to a wide variety of religious communities.
Addis Ababa lies at the foot of Mont Entoto. From its lowest point, around Bole International Airport, at 2,326 metres (7,631 ft) above sea level in the southern periphery, the city rises to over 3,000 metres (9,800 ft) in the Entoto Mountains to the north.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My iPhone has been stolen during the flight Dar es Salaam - Nairobi on Kenya Airways. Its not the first time I am losing stuff using this airline or Nairobi airport. Anyway, since I only post personnal shots, I will not be able to share Addis & Nairobi with you this time but lets keep the good spirit as these are material things after all and one cannot judge a whole country on some unfortunate events. I will certainly come back to Addis next year.... through a direct flight on KLM :)

·
Serengeti
4,256 Posts
I was going to ask you how was your short stay in Dar es Salaam. thanks for the pics you posted on Dar. I hope you visit Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Selous Game Reserve next time. You can take KLM direct flight from Amsterdam to Kilimanjaro. Pole Sana on your iphone!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to ask you how was your short stay in Dar es Salaam. thanks for the pics you posted on Dar. I hope you visit Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Selous Game Reserve next time. You can take KLM direct flight from Amsterdam to Kilimanjaro. Pole Sana on your iphone!
For the iPhone, Hakuna Matata: I made somebody happy, and I'll buy another one! Asante rafiki. :)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
April 2012

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,014 Posts