Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tsehay Real Estate Plc launched construction of the US$ 200 million International Center, at Yeka Sub City, Addis Ababa, Capital reported.

Qian Tang, a shareholder in Tsehay, said the urban complex will become the second icon of Sino-African cooperation next to the African Union Headquarters. After the copletion of the complex, the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Ethiopia, Chinese funded organizations, Chinese merchants, a Sino-Ethiopian industrial and commercial organization will move into the complex. This will become the largest urban complex in Ethiopia and an architectural landmark, Tang added.

Tsehay Real Estate plans to complete the construction of the residential buildings within the next two year and eighteen months later, the commercial center, Capital reported quoting Tang.

The construction is being done in cooperation with the Institute of Architecture Design and Research, the Chinese Academy of Science and Qian Tang Construction Plc., Qian Tang told Capital.

“We want to help develop the urban area, create a comfortable living space and boost the real estate industry,” Tang said.

The center will host star hotel, international standard offices, residences, a commercial pedestrian walkway, cinema, fitness amenities and children’s amusement park.

Source: Capital

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
But any info on what the prices would be.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
But any info on what the prices would be.
I don't think they've publicized prices. From what I understand they've brought in their own capital, so my guess is they'll wait until they've progressed far into the project before naming prices. They might even unleash a bidding war among buyers, egzyabherin kalferu :)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I don't think they've publicized prices. From what I understand they've brought in their own capital, so my guess is they'll wait until they've progressed far into the project before naming prices. They might even unleash a bidding war among buyers, egzyabherin kalferu :)
I think you are right, they don't want to make the same mistake, some developers made in the past, of advertising the prices very early. But flats like that, in CMC, I am sure the price for a single unit, can't be less than at list 2 mil, that is my least estimate anyway.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I think you are right, they don't want to make the same mistake, some developers made in the past, of advertising the prices very early. But flats like that, in CMC, I am sure the price for a single unit, can't be less than at list 2 mil, that is my least estimate anyway.
I agree, 2 mil will be the very minimum for that area.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Qian Tang, a shareholder in Tsehay, said the urban complex will become the second icon of Sino-African cooperation next to the African Union Headquarters. After the copletion of the complex, the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Ethiopia, Chinese funded organizations, Chinese merchants, a Sino-Ethiopian industrial and commercial organization will move into the complex. This will become the largest urban complex in Ethiopia and an architectural landmark, Tang added.

The center will host star hotel, international standard offices, residences, a commercial pedestrian walkway, cinema, fitness amenities and children’s amusement park.

Source: Capital
So Addis is going to have a "CHINA TOWN" of its own!:)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
:applause:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
We don't need China permanently in Ethiopia, we want them to go back once they complete their business.
Come on Roha,, let's not be that way, the Chinese are not just bringing investment to Ethiopia, they are bringing technology, work ethics, organisational skills, etc,,,and you have to know that we will never fined a partner like china in the world, for this huge economic undertaking that we are engaged in, and plus we should be welcoming to every one , even if we become the richest nation on earth, I believe that we should be a humble and generous nation.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Thanks for posting SimIsac. The english on the website leaves a LOT to be desired lol. Here's a sample:
"Tsehay real estate
The Rising Ethiopia
With the rapid and continuous economic growth for more than ten year, bow to rapidly enhance urban landscape and taste has become a very pressing with for the current Addis Ababa government and even Ethiopian government. Building a multi-functional, nigh quality urban complex in Addis Ababa as soon as possible will receive welcome and support from all sector of the society. Under such a background, poli lotus International Center has emerged through years’ elaborate preparation."
I hope their buildings won't be as bad as their english :lol:

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
$100,000? That's outrageous.
It's outrageous, no doubt. But I personally know of two condo units across the street from Tsehai real estate that have sold for 2 million birr each (both are two bedroom, two bathroom units of about 100m2). Assuming Tsehai are building high end condos, 2 mill will be the bare starting minimum for the smallest units. Unless prices go down when the units flood the market that is ...

1 - 20 of 149 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.