·
Registered
71,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
633 Posts
pikey said:
^ No it's exactly 10 centimetres by 8 centimetres as shown above.......
:D

To answer your question Giorgios, it actually looks smaller once you're there. Don't get me wrong, it's big, but not as big as you might think.

A touch bigger than 8x10cm, but not much.

·
Registered
10,662 Posts
alderson said:
Hope this hasn't been asked to many times, but what are they going to do with the old domestic terminal biuldings
theres talk of it turning into the Bus Terminal, but i doubt that would happen. Perhaps REX and Jet star may use it? :?

·
©
9,388 Posts
I'd say Jetstar will use the new terminal, otherwise Virgin will get the upper hand. I have also heard the bus terminal rumour........

·
Banned
40 Posts
I have also heard that the Old Terminal will be renovated into a bus terminal. But I think JetStar will defaintly be in the new airport...
1. Thats why they have buikt this terminal, for internation and domestic in 1
2. JetStar is a minor company of Qantas
3. All other major airports in Australia have a Qantas/ Jetstar Wing, and international wing and a virgin wing.

And if they use the old terminal for Rex, etc. They wouldnt use it for Jetstar because they would probaly have all the boeing and Airbuses in the same terminal. THe old terminal will probaly just host small private and South Australian airlines

·
Registered
175 Posts
umm sydney has more than 2,
There is 1 international, 2 domestic and an express terminal originally used by virgin when they first arrived in sydney. So that makes 4 but im happy to except 3 if u dont want to count the express.
Domestically Qantas has the new terminal and Virgin now has the old ansett terminal which is also used by REX.
Anywho im really impressed by the adelaide airport and design and i must say internally it looks alot like the qantas domestic terminal on the inside. The new airport terminal is great for adelaide and im loving the glass airbridges which i think they have in singapore airport (could be wrong cause last time i was there it was on my way to the uk in 2002).
Anyway its great to see this terminal coming together and i hope u all post loads of pics when it opens for all of us who live overseas to see.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Basicially i am meaning there will be 1 building, with three sections, Vergin Wing (Terminal 1) INternational wing (Term 2) Jetstar, Qantas Wing (term 3)

It will be like the Melbourne airport how it is one building with three wings known as different terminals

·
no way sis
448 Posts
There's one thing that's bugged me for a long time about this terminal... There's little room for expansion in say another 20-30 years... Other Australian terminals have expanded by building outwards from the terminal, but we can't as there's a runway there... any expansion would mean building yet another terminal, or extending this one at the South Western end, which would be ridiculous...

Anyone else see this?

·
Registered
370 Posts
The new terminal is built in modular fashion so it can be extended however you are right there is little room for expansion, most probably an additional 2 gates at best.

However you are not thinking about the possibilities. In 30 years time if passenger number increase that much and even an expanded new terminal cant cope. Then maybe we will then see another new terminal building.
They could alway leave the new terminal as a domestic terminal and then shift the international terminal to a new terminal building built where the current domestic terminal is built. What i would eventually like to see is
the catering buildings to be demolished and a semi-circle style new terminal for international flights and a new control tower between the 2 terminals...

Ahhh well who knows what the future holds.

1 - 20 of 423 Posts