Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
interesting showcase

but I must add there's very little Georgian in these buildings in either style or era. Perhaps in form, but that's not enough to call them Georgian, because you could add a chevron detail and then call them art deco, or a floral relief and call them art nouveau, albeit only in a superficial way.

WOW! The best terrace houses I've ever seen!!!

The best terrace you've ever seen? Well, it's one of the very few Adelaide has, and it's quite inferior to the mases of much more detailed and beautiful terraces of inner city areas in both Sydney and Melbourne. Areas such as Paddington, Glebe, Balmain, Parkville, South Melbourne, Albert Park, Carlton, Fitzroy etc etc. In fact the pub next door to these terraces is quite detailed and beautiful and much more worthwhile showing.

Great pics. Call me crazy but these photos really make me want to go to Adelaide.
That's great, but don't expect much more. Idealized pictures of the city's relatively small amount of photogenic architecture (hence the explanation of repition by the author of this thread) are one thing, realistically,the streetscapes and everyday life in Adelaide can be what some Asian students have called, soulless, i.e heaps bad.

·
6,606 Posts
Very nice photos, much enjoyed.

I find it strange that the Quiznos Sub sign is still up on Hindley St. They closed down... five years ago? There's been three or four tenants in that space since then and none have bothered to change the sign!

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
That's great, but don't expect much more. Idealized pictures of the city's relatively small amount of photogenic architecture (hence the explanation of repition by the author of this thread) are one thing
I have to disagree, the North Terrace Precinct alone is a very photogenic area.

realistically,the streetscapes and everyday life in Adelaide can be what some Asian students have called, soulless, i.e heaps bad.
Adelaide seems to shut down in the colder months (excluding weekdays), but from November to about April/May the city comes to life again with festivals, sporting events, people out and about and ofcourse beautiful warm weather.

Feb-March is the best time to be in Adelaide, the vibe in the city is electric to say the least. Though the AFL @ Adelaide Oval and the Riverbank Development will boast vibrancy in the city during the dull winter months.

Ofcourse Adelaide and every other city in Australia would feel very souless and dead compared to Asia.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great pics, a pleasure to view :)
Very nice photos, much enjoyed.

I find it strange that the Quiznos Sub sign is still up on Hindley St. They closed down... five years ago? There's been three or four tenants in that space since then and none have bothered to change the sign!
thanks guys. Those Quiznos subs used to be nice too.

wow, didnt take long for a troll to appear, its just some recent photos Ive bothered to take of Adelaide FFS. Theres a few thousand Ive taken of other areas also. Sorry for calling the building with the Georgian style Windows as Georgian:nuts:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts