Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
these are all over the place - in parking lots etc. - this particular one has 3 ads on it - they rotate every few seconds

these "tv" screens just went up last month

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
damn i wish get out qand take some pics - will get some on my days off

but here is metrotown - its not much - but i could envision it becoming more like that dundas in toronto - they could add some big Screens more lights etc.

it could be cool

·
Banned
337 Posts
Around a couple of weeks ago a single father took to protesting some court decision concerning his family by scaling a billboard at the south end of a major bridge linking this island city to the mainland. His trespassing on the billboard adjacent to the highly elevated bridge ramp caused the police to close the bridge (I think the protester went so far as to hurl objects down onto the commuting traffic), the rush hour both ends of that bridge ended up lasting thrice as long as usual.

About one week ago, a radio station announced that that very roadside billboard has in fact been illegal since its installation because of its being too close to the heavily-used artery -- something about there cannot be a billboard within such and such distance of such and such type of highway.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
97 Posts
BIRMINGHAM ENGLAND

The Fort Dunlop banner measures 135 by 25 metres and is the largest permanent banner site in Europe. It spans across the side of one of the city's most important landmarks near the M6 motorway, Europe's busiest stretch of highway. The building is currently undergoing a huge redevelopment to open in late 2006 which includes retail and office units as well as a large hotel complex.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Here's some crazy ones in Manila.

Another one but of a different building and this one is taller!
This is on two sides, to give perspective that building is 200 meters tall.

One reason why we have so many huge billboards is we have time to see :bash: :) them!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Those look cool!! All types of billboards or any sign that advertises anything have been banned where I live (Idaho). No wonder everyone in the US forgets about us...

·
囧!
10,897 Posts
Why is it that many 'poorer' cities, like Manila, Bangkok etc., have tons of giant billboards everywhere, especially along freeways?
European cities don't have that much billboards at all, and you hardly see them in Scandinavian cities, which are the richest cities in the world, for example.

Companies should be more interested in advertising towards people with money, right?

·
Registered
164 Posts
staff said:
Why is it that many 'poorer' cities, like Manila, Bangkok etc., have tons of giant billboards everywhere, especially along freeways?
European cities don't have that much billboards at all, and you hardly see them in Scandinavian cities, which are the richest cities in the world, for example.

Companies should be more interested in advertising towards people with money, right?
I'm not sure its a poor/rich thing. I'm sure there's a poor country somewhere (North Korea) that has strict regulations on advertising. European cities are much more highly regulated.

case in point: I'm pretty sure the advertiser below got a fine of 1000 euro a day for skirting the regulations on advertising.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts