Skyscraper City Forum banner
761 - 780 of 2896 Posts

·
Advance Kingstonia!
6,553 Posts
Sorry for poor quality screenshot - off a document

Part of hull Old Town, with Queens Garden's (formerly Queens Dock -the largest dock in the country at one time, and from where the fictional Robinson Crusoe set sail - filled in in the 30's), Princes Quay shopping centre (built on Princes Dock) and the Marina (formerly Humber Dock)

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Leeds has got so much room to expand it's city centre. the developments they could fit on some of that land would be incredible.
There's an immense amount of waste land/warehouses that is ripe for development, don't know whether this will expand the centre as it's practically double even triple the size of it. Could Leeds really support such an expansion? I would imagine 50% of this space would be residential housing and the rest the usual mixed user apartments. Although if it was up to me a massive park would be ace! And would certainly give some amazing view for those Living in the apartments along the riverside.

·
Banned
408 Posts
Leeds could easy support an expansion it would do wonders for the Leeds economy if the land was used wisely, i agree about a green urban park, it would be great for the City centre to have some massive green space. some times i wish i was a billionaire so i could play around with some of that land. :lol:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I hadn't checked this thread in a while. Great photo above, nice to get a feel of the physical geography of the city. Great photo of Belfast a few posts back too. I never realised the city had so much red-brick.

A couple of Cardiff below, looking south through Bute park, the city centre, and on to the Bay. The first one is a bit older, prior to the cricket ground redevelopment.

761 - 780 of 2896 Posts