Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Aerials of Sunndalen and Sunndalsøra
Since i haven't been walking too much in the mountains really, i deceided to do a longer/more advanced mountain trip. So went down to Sunndalen
(between Trondheim and Ålesund) and walked up some mountains there. A 11 hour walk in a day in very steep terrain and hot weather! Walked up
two mountains, first the tallest at 1 550m with its insanely spectacular view down the narrow Litldalen,
then i walked to the more known Litlkalkinn at 1 389m with brilliant view of the city of Sunndalsøra.

A map of where i walk.

Lets start, looking up Hareimadalen.

Aerial of Sunndalsøra.

Not the biggest thread, but hope it was enjoyable even though its not very urban!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
You should not be that close to the edge. If you fall down and die, it would be a loss for this forum.. :D

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Awesome pics mate - Norway is so damn scenic it not even funny any more! :D

And why doesn't it surprise me to see you seek out snow in the summer... ( not that I blame you with the temps as of late! ) :)

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
I have to agree with muster, don't go and fall down some mountain, would be a huge loss for us here at SSC ;) Good job as always with the pics, amazing views from up there. Stunning!

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^ yea man! ;)

If you have been on Prekestolen. The height from up there and down to the valley floor is exactly 2 Prekestolen uppon eachother, and almost as steep. :)

·
Buka Pintu
23,619 Posts
Fantastic.Makes me want to go to the Scottish Highlands.Infact you know what?I think Im just going to do it.Need to get the tickets first though.Five Sisters of Kintail or Glen Coe?Mmmm.....

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fantastic.Makes me want to go to the Scottish Highlands.Infact you know what?I think Im just going to do it.Need to get the tickets first though.Five Sisters of Kintail or Glen Coe?Mmmm.....
Glad i inspired! You should get a car though so you can go around on your own. :)

awsome shots! sometime when i go up north you need to take me here!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/cityw/Trondelag/DSC_0184small-1.jpg
I think I'd be damn shaky, but it would so be worth it, and I don't think you'd feel that much if you actually fell down.
Sunndalen is just 2.5-3 hours from Trondheim. Easy and quick to get there. So gimmi a call next time your crossing the border!

Would be a nice way to die, get to experience one insane thing before you die, and you die fast and don't feel a thing! Too bad you don't get to speak about it after though!

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually its much more fun to explore the mountains on foot.
Of course, you need quite a car if you were planning on driving around on them, even in Scotland! Is public transport so good it takes you to anywhere the road goes in Scotland? Because if you go for public transport in Norway you might have to walk for a few days to get to some unique locations! ;)

·
Buka Pintu
23,619 Posts
No public transport isnt so good in The Highlands but thats a good thing because it means the place is wild with few people around and I like that.I also like walking so Im planning a nice long walk either in Glen Coe or Five Sisters of Kintail.Sleeping under the stars or in bothies (mountain hut/shelter).Car is alright for a day trip but if you want to get in touch with the spirit of the place then you need to walk.

:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts