Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
History has it that civilizations rise and fall in turn...and it has always happened...right from the Ancient black african civilization of Egypt(forget about arabs-Arabs came to Egypt in the last 500 years of the 5,000 year Egyptian empire) ...and the Malian mathematical wonder of Timbuktu which the westerners still wonder how it happened......However..The Great African civilizationa and empires failed due to evil practises such as slavery...currently it seems America and its allies is on the verge of ultimate collapse thanks to their evil practises (wars, immorality, theft and oppression)...and China is currently on the rise..and will eventualy take over and engage in behavious that will destroy it.Now, if Africans can Unite as one bloc and engage in production that is cheaper than the future china...and with all its strategic resources (70% of the worlds important reesources)..I dont see why we shouldnt be a superpower..ANYWAY>>WHAT DO U THINK OF THE FUTURE

·
Registered
255 Posts
i hate this "lets shit on other civilizations and make sure were the only ones that are good" how about "why dont we make the whole world a better place" rather than "if africa is to be developed, we want the rest of the world to be poor, so we can finally laugh at everyone like they have laughed at us" LMAO

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Africa uniting is just a feel good slogan nothing else, before thinking of being a superpower whilst exporting human resources like we do we ought to get a few of the simple things first.All those doctors,scientists,engineers only contribute to an increasing gap between the West and Africa. The EU and North American block , China ,Japan and the Asian block are technologically superior that Africa will be asking them for the technology to exploit that 70% resources we have.

·
Banned
1,649 Posts
WHILE it's true on average that modern east asian technology is higher than africa on average ,but if you take south africa ,it's technology is on the level or the u.s..

CHECK OUT THE DVD CALLED BLACKS WITHOUT BORDERS.
YOU COULD CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW ON YOUTUBE.

Another point,africa does not need to unite to be a superpower. a few countries could become that superpower in africa and before africa unites,they they do have each region that are more united first and that will happen.by the way i could care less about modern north africa by the way uniting.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WHILE it's true on average that modern east asian technology is higher than africa on average ,but if you take south africa ,it's technology is on the level or the u.s..

Another point,africa does not need to unite to be a superpower. a few countries could become that superpower in africa and before africa unites,they they do have each region that are more united first and that will happen.by the way i could care less about modern north africa by the way uniting.
I agree with u on every aspect.....And the Movie seems quite amazing...its just what I like....

Yes..true...The North Africa may not be with us as such even if we are to form the united States of Africa.....though there is no known hostility..they are Ideologically different...and also due to the fact that it is majority Islam...

·
Registered
2,394 Posts

SA is not at the same level as the US today from silicon valley to military to medical tech i just dont see where they can compete with these guys, the US can be compared to Japan and Germany however there is a lot more pioneering technology from those places than many others.

The problem with many African countries is a lack of scale how can one country go toe to toe with the EU when the individual countries have the whole developed Europe as a target market then you have NAFTA and also some other blocs like the BRIC countries that recently held some summit.Many African countries dont have a large middle class and rely on exports of primary commodities ,if big economies like France,Germany,Italy find it advantageous to combine in order to get more clout then smaller economies in Africa stand very little chance to influence anything as standalone countries.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
SA is not at the same level as the US today from silicon valley to military to medical tech i just dont see where they can compete with these guys, the US can be compared to Japan and Germany however there is a lot more pioneering technology from those places than many others.

The problem with many African countries is a lack of scale how can one country go toe to toe with the EU when the individual countries have the whole developed Europe as a target market then you have NAFTA and also some other blocs like the BRIC countries that recently held some summit.Many African countries dont have a large middle class and rely on exports of primary commodities ,if big economies like France,Germany,Italy find it advantageous to combine in order to get more clout then smaller economies in Africa stand very little chance to influence anything as standalone countries.
Perhaps African countries should combine their resources too?
The technologies found in Europe and North America and Australia were developed by people from all over Europe and their descendents backed by European capital and the capital of their descendents.
These Western countries raised their standards of living by cooperating with one another.
I bet you can find a Thomas Edison in an African country if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
13,011 Posts
I agree with u on every aspect.....And the Movie seems quite amazing...its just what I like....

Yes..true...The North Africa may not be with us as such even if we are to form the united States of Africa.....though there is no known hostility..they are Ideologically different...and also due to the fact that it is majority Islam...
Islam is everywhere in Africa, that is not a problem. And Morocco for example is the second African investors in Africa.
Morocco has very strong economic and politic relations with countries like Congo, Senegal, Gabon, Benin, Equator Guinea etc

Their are a lot of Moroccan companies in this countries and more then 10 000 sub-Sahara students study in Morocco..

·
Registered
13,011 Posts

Their is no different ideology in North Africa. If I look to Libya, Morocco etc they have better relations with sub-Sahara countries then with other countries in NA or Middle East, Europe..
Sub-Sahara countries have more problems with eachother then with countries in North Africa.
Economic their are also very strong relations with NA and Sub-Sahara

Niger joins Nigeria and Algeria in gas pipeline project
The US$10 billion Trans-Saharan Gas Pipeline Project is set for 2015

http://en.afrik.com/article12677.html

Senegal, Morocco's flag carrier agree to create new company
http://www.moroccobusinessnews.com/Content/Article.asp?idr=18&id=917

Morocco, Equatorial Guinea sign several agreements
20/04/2009
Morocco and Equatorial Guinea have signed a number of cooperation agreements relating to the economic, scientific, technical and cultural fields.
http://www.moroccobusinessnews.com/Content/Article.asp?idr=18&id=917

Attijariwafa Bank in a Three-Horse Race to Control African Banking
http://www.north-africa.com/naj_news/news_na/1aprilnine19.html

Attijariwafa Bank finalises buyout of CBAO Senegal:
http://www.lesafriques.com/en/news-...-buyout-of-cbao.html?Itemid=27?articleid=0089

Maroc telecom takes over Mali's Sotelma
Maroc Telecom is already the major shareholder (51%) in three other African telecommunication companies-Mauritel of Mauritania, Onatel of Burkina Faso and Gabon Telecom.
http://www.africanews.com/site/Maroc_telecom_takes_over_Malis_Sotelma/list_messages/23505

Libya to set up $148 mln bank in Kenya
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90778/90858/90866/6488140.html

Libya to invest 225 million dollar in Benin
http://www.afrikanieuws.nl/site/list_message/2389

etc etc..

·
Registered
690 Posts
Perhaps African countries should combine their resources too?
This is a very good idea, the african leaders is just the problem and country like South Africa is too proud to unite fully with other African countries or perhaps cus of the white racist there.

I just want Africa to wake up...

·
Registered
11,172 Posts
History has it that civilizations rise and fall in turn...and it has always happened...right from the Ancient black african civilization of Egypt(forget about arabs-Arabs came to Egypt in the last 500 years of the 5,000 year Egyptian empire) ...and the Malian mathematical wonder of Timbuktu which the westerners still wonder how it happened......However..The Great African civilizationa and empires failed due to evil practises such as slavery...currently it seems America and its allies is on the verge of ultimate collapse thanks to their evil practises (wars, immorality, theft and oppression)...and China is currently on the rise..and will eventualy take over and engage in behavious that will destroy it.Now, if Africans can Unite as one bloc and engage in production that is cheaper than the future china...and with all its strategic resources (70% of the worlds important reesources)..I dont see why we shouldnt be a superpower..ANYWAY>>WHAT DO U THINK OF THE FUTURE
Well the idea of Africa being a super power is a pipe dream at best. Where it not for the intervention of colonialism Africans for the most part would be living the same lifestyle as African tribes that were never influenced by colonialism. It would be a very basic existence. My point really is that there is nothing that has been done in modern post colonial times on the African continent which can instill confidence that the continent is going to evolve to a point of being relevant to the world beyond being a buffet of mineral resources. Perhaps the continent requires some other form of intervention by external forces before we can see any real progress. Otherwise when left to its own devices, with the exception of white economically controlled South Africa, Africa is a failure. It's leaders are backwards, the bulk of the policies are trite and largely cumbersome, implementation is usually poor even on the rare occasion that the policies are progressive and ofcourse corruption is as high as its ever been. A super power? Nah. Maybe never.

·
Registered
13,011 Posts

You forget that it were North African countries who lay the foundation for the African Union..
In 1961 the Casablanca group (Guinea, Mali, Libya and Morocco ) was created who supported pan-Africanisme and wanted to create a union, open markets for eachother and one central bank.
They made the mistake to stop this union and to join the divided OAU.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casablanca_Group

·
Registered
13,011 Posts
I hope that the Casablanca group is going to be rebuild. The African Union is to divided politic and economic. You have to be on the same line to create a succesfull union.

Guinea, Mali, Libya, Senegal, Mauretania, Tunisia and Morocco should rebuild the Casablanca group. They are politic and economic on the same line and have close relations..

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ghaddafi has visionary leadership

Africa should look to AU Chairman Muommar Ghaddafi to help lead it into a Pan African era of unity so that it becomes strong as a nation continent that can become a super power like China and India and be a force to be reackoned with in the world.

·
Registered
13,011 Posts
Africa should look to AU Chairman Muommar Ghaddafi to help lead it into a Pan African era of unity so that it becomes strong as a nation continent that can become a super power like China and India and be a force to be reackoned with in the world.
To create a fedarale Africa is not the idea of Ghadaffi.
In 1961 the Casablanca group wanted to do the same.

Quote:

the Casablanca Group, consisting of Ghana, Mali, Guinea, Morocco, Libya and the Algerian Provisional Government. This group was led by the then President of Ghana, Kwame Nkrumah, and was perceived to be radical. It nevertheless included the conservative Kingdom of Morocco. The Casablanca Group advocated an immediate union of the African continent, with the main objective of promoting political, economic, and military cooperation as methods of combating Western imperialism.

the Casablanca Group, led by Ghana, which was keen on a federal structure.

·
23,343 Posts
:lol: How did I know you'd support that nutcase? Well unfortunately for you, South Africa is one of the countries strongly opposed to the idea.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts