Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
South East Nine
39,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a large amount of African forumers spread across the world, so post photos of where you now live, and any African communities in your town (if there are any).

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
I Live in The Urban-Rural Town of Burpengary in Caboolture Shire. It is 30 Minutes from Brisbane in Queensland Australia.

Most of the Jobs in The area are Construction related, and The whole area is seeing a construction boom.

Caboolture Lakes Water Fountain

Abbey Market Place at Night

Centenary Lake

Caboolture Train Station

I Live at The Back of this Station

StarBucks Cafe at The 40,000m2 Morayfield Shopping Centre

Morayfield

Caboolture RSL

Caboolture Shopping Centre

Caboolture Bus Lines

·
Veteran
3,369 Posts
I am not an Expat just a student, does it count? this is Kuala lumpur malaysia.

Photos of Nilai Town where my college is situated

This is where i live Desa palma APartments in a small town called Nilai.

African population estimates

1.Nigerians - 300
2.Kenyans - 180
3.Ugandans - 20
4.tanzanians - 15

NOTE:The figures above are conservative estimates.I am basing on the figures of students in Nilai college and INTI college who live outside campus

·
South East Nine
39,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm from South London. This is a 90 degree panorama that a fellow South London forumer (wjfox2002) took over South London:

Splashes of Africa in London

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Kuala lumpur must be a nice place to live in.

Hustle and Bustle.:)

·
Veteran
3,369 Posts
Kuuala lumpur is just a terrific place! so busy,the traffic is fast paced and malls are everywhere you turn.I can't explain why malaysians are obsessed with shopping! imagine there is a mall in every town.And am not talking about small time malls!There is a street in KL called Bukit Bintang which has 5 big malls ,lined up.i'll get the pics from the malaysia thread. Though Nilai town is not as busy as KL.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Here's a Picture which I took pf Nearby Toombul, Brisbane is in the Distance.:)

Toombul Centro. It's a Big Mall

Maroochydore (Sunshine Coast)

I've being to this Beach Once

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Am not yet an expert,I came to vienna(Floridsdorf district ) early this year from ghana where i had stayed for about 7 months with my brother their.vienna is situated in central europe.
Floridsdorf

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
ernestombayo7; said:
Kuuala lumpur is just a terrific place! so busy,the traffic is fast paced and malls are everywhere you turn.I can't explain why malaysians are obsessed with shopping! imagine there is a mall in every town.And am not talking about small time malls!There is a street in KL called Bukit Bintang which has 5 big malls ,lined up.i'll get the pics from the malaysia thread. Though Nilai town is not as busy as KL.
Hey Ernest, i was in KL between 11 - 17th of April for a conference. I was at the Westin in 199, Jalan Bukit Bintang. Really nice city with lots of shopping malls and a nice airport!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I live in Sacramento, capital of the state of California in the USA. Tree City USA. The city with more trees per capita than any other city in the WORLD except Paris. California would have the 6th largest economy in the world if it were a country. The Sacramento area has the 15th largest economy in America. City population is about 450,000 and Metro area is 1.7 million.

Below is part of historic Old Sacramento with buildings dating back to the 1800s.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Here are some more really good aerial photos of Sacramento. Link would not post but click here.

And below is San Francisco which is where I work (90 miles / 145 km from Sacramento). I lived here for a couple of years too and this is without a doubt the most beautiful and picturesque city in America. It is my second home.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
AFRICANMENTO i live in the dirty south charleston sc. maybe you heard the news of the 9 firemen that died in a furniture store blaze last week? yeah that is in my home town, historic CHUCKTOWN BABY!!!!

This was a slave market

the streets

the waterfront(atlantic ocean)

the first shot of the american civil war was fired on this charleston island called fort sumter

·
Premium Member
30,821 Posts
I live in Hartford, Connecticut, in the states. It's about 185km northeast of New York City.

In the past, I spent quite of time living in New York, and Toronto in Canada.

Being a skyscraper-fan, Hartford fills my temptations...it has a great skyline for a city with only 125,000 people. The metropolitan area, however, has 1.3 million people.

Skyline...

Some new development going on...

(horrible, and outdated, but here's an aerial)

There aren't much Africans here (although we have a large West Indian population, mostly Jamaicans), but Africans have a small presence in East Hartford, a suburb of Hartford. There are a few restaurants and stores that are mostly from immigrants from Ghana.

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
There is a street in KL called Bukit Bintang which has 5 big malls ,lined up.i'll get the pics from the malaysia thread. Though Nilai town is not as busy as KL.
Nilai -- that's 50 km south... I live in Shah Alam, a suburb town which is just 25 km west of KL :banana:

Kulani said:
Hey Ernest, i was in KL between 11 - 17th of April for a conference. I was at the Westin in 199, Jalan Bukit Bintang. Really nice city with lots of shopping malls and a nice airport!!
Oh no ! Why didn't you tell me, I was free at that time , we could've planned for meet-up and i could bring you to many places.... :bash: :bash: :D :D

Very nice pics of various places in Australia, USA and others.

·
Veteran
3,369 Posts
Nilai -- that's 50 km south... I live in Shah Alam, a suburb town which is just 25 km west of KL :banana:

Oh no ! Why didn't you tell me, I was free at that time , we could've planned for meet-up and i could bring you to many places.... :bash: :bash: :D :D

Very nice pics of various places in Australia, USA and others.
i know shah alam, i think i know two or three malaysians from from there.Have you been to nilai lately?lots of new apartments cropping up.The place was a dead town but in the last couple of years it has really developed.though it needs a big mall.

·
Veteran
3,369 Posts
did you visit any of the Clubs?there is a clubbing district called Bangsar and also a street full of club next to the Jalan bukit area.Next time your around ask for a club called Club Sugar,the best in KL.(though very pricey,a glass of beer for around 5 USD)

·
Banned
503 Posts
Houston Texas....My home sweet home.......Largest city in the state of Texas and the 4th largest city in america.....houston has the largest Nigerian population in the country and the 2nd largest south africans behind miami.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts