Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
in africa people walk along major highways and many people do get hit. Here in jozi people try to cross major 6 lane highways! its madness. especially at night!! we see dead people who have been hit by cars on the side of the road quite often. (i have seen 4 on beyers naude since january)

·
Registered
40,884 Posts
even in many asian or Latin American countries people use to cross highways. That is not restricted to Africa.

This think with tha highway is that is has been newly built and construction work is still going on their although cars are already driving on it.

·
Registered
40,884 Posts
Naga Solidus,

here is some more information which was attached to the photos

Tetteh Quarshie Interchange (name of the interchange)

"Police personnel have been stationed at various points at the newly constructed Tetteh Quarshie Interchange to help drivers navigate the confusing maze of interconnected roads. Apart from instructing the drivers about directions, the officers are also distributing pamphlets on how to use the new interchange.
The interchange is expected to ease traffic on the Legon-Accra route. The 80 billion-cedi project is yet to be fully completed but it was opened to traffic on Sunday, with minor works still underway"

PS: I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND PICTURES OF LAGOS HIGHWAYS (MOST ARE SIX LANE HIGHWAYS) .....ABUJA EVEN HAS EIGHT LANE HIGHWAYS BUT it is impossible to find photos on the internet......NIGERIAS ARE VERY LAZY AT PORTRAYING THEIR COUNTRY TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD....NO PHOTOS TO BE FOUND

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Matthias Offodile said:
Naga Solidus,

here is some more information which was attached to the photos

Tetteh Quarshie Interchange (name of the interchange)

"Police personnel have been stationed at various points at the newly constructed Tetteh Quarshie Interchange to help drivers navigate the confusing maze of interconnected roads. Apart from instructing the drivers about directions, the officers are also distributing pamphlets on how to use the new interchange.
The interchange is expected to ease traffic on the Legon-Accra route. The 80 billion-cedi project is yet to be fully completed but it was opened to traffic on Sunday, with minor works still underway"

So is this the first grade-seperated roadway interchange in Ghana? Or do they have any further grade seperation at subsequent junctions?

Matthias Offodile said:
PS: I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND PICTURES OF LAGOS HIGHWAYS (MOST ARE SIX LANE HIGHWAYS) .....ABUJA EVEN HAS EIGHT LANE HIGHWAYS BUT it is impossible to find photos on the internet......NIGERIAS ARE VERY LAZY AT PORTRAYING THEIR COUNTRY TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD....NO PHOTOS TO BE FOUND
I can't figure out why.

·
Registered
40,884 Posts
Naga-Solidus, Well, there must be others by now. This junction is new, however. I have only been once to Ghana and that is 10 years back (on a week-end trip from Côte d´ivoire, where I lived). 10 years ago Ghana was much less developed than it is nowadays. ...and in the 80´s it was a no go area. Things have considerably improved since then tahks to Rawlings and Kufuor.

I cannot understand why there are virtually new pics on Nigeria´s expressways. Currently there is a lot of road construction going on in Nigeria.

1 - 20 of 228 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.