SkyscraperCity Forum banner

African Stadiums

83655 Views 354 Replies 102 Participants Last post by  abdelka37
Has anyone got pics of African stadiums? Especially a pic of the national stadium of Zambia I could use.
Has anyone got pics of African stadiums? Especially a pic of the national stadium of Zambia I could use.
See more
41 - 60 of 355 Posts
Stade Léopold Sédar Senghor, Dakar Senegal

See less
Stade Léopold Sédar Senghor, Dakar Senegal
See more
Stade Omnisport Omar Bongo Ondimba, Libreville Gabon

See less
Stade Omnisport Omar Bongo Ondimba, Libreville Gabon
See more
Estadio da Cidadela, Luanda
Capacity:60,000

Should be destroyed in the future because of its deteriorating condition. New 61,000-seat sports park would replace it as the national stadium of Angola.
See less
Estadio da Cidadela, Luanda
Capacity:60,000

Should be destroyed in the future because of its deteriorating condition. New 61,000-seat sports park would replace it as the national stadium of Angola.
See more
Abuja Stadium Panorama

This is one sweet picture.
See less
Abuja Stadium Panorama

See more
This Abuja stadium is very modern and beautiful. I especially like the color of the seats and its general design.
This Abuja stadium is very modern and beautiful. I especially like the color of the seats and its general design.
See more
agreed
agreed
See more
how often is this stadium used?
See less
how often is this stadium used?
See more
The Stadium is the default home of the Super Eagles. However a decent amount of the team's matches are played in poorer venues for strategic reasons. World Cup qualifiers and African Nations Cup qualifiers are frequently played there.

The Stadium occasionally hosts teams of the Nigerian Premier League.

The Stadium is has been used for hosting international events like the U-20 World Cup and 2007 Volleyball World Youth Championship and for the chance to host the 2014 Commonwealth Games 2018 World Cup as well as the 2012 Olympic Games.

Although the stadium has an extensive portfolio of events, in recent times the Stadium has been of less importance, due to the fact that International Events are seasonal and other Venues of similar Technicality have been built in other parts of the country.
See less
The Stadium is the default home of the Super Eagles. However a decent amount of the team's matches are played in poorer venues for strategic reasons. World Cup qualifiers and African Nations Cup qualifiers are frequently played there.

The Stadium occasionally hosts teams of the Nigerian Premier League.

The Stadium is has been used for hosting international events like the U-20 World Cup and 2007 Volleyball World Youth Championship and for the chance to host the 2014 Commonwealth Games 2018...
See more
lUv the abuja stadium..frigg i have pics of so many stadiums across nigeria but i can't find em..many tho are going or have gone under major renovation to comply with Fifa rules or something like..a good example is the MKO abiola stadium naija posted earlier..used to look like a piece of trash
lUv the abuja stadium..frigg i have pics of so many stadiums across nigeria but i can't find em..many tho are going or have gone under major renovation to comply with Fifa rules or something like..a good example is the MKO abiola stadium naija posted earlier..used to look like a piece of trash
See more
Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
See less
Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
See more
Last time i saw the teslim balogun stadium it was abandoned...luv it
Last time i saw the teslim balogun stadium it was abandoned...luv it
See more
Africa has the same problem as Latin America with regards to stadiums. I find the idea of a track field stadium so unappealing for someone watching fooball. When your far from the action an element in the atomosphere is dampened. African and Latin American supporters are far more passionate than Europeans but the conditions and quality of stadiums is what lets us down. Hopefully South Africa can lead the way in not only creating modern facilities (in the form of all seaters and over all quality architecture) but bringing the fans closer to the action.

I don't oppose Abuja's national stadium since their planning on hosting the commonwealth games having a multi purpose main facility is a must. Lagos for example shouldn't have its stadium with a trackfield. British style is the way to go close to the pitch.

ps. Look at why Boca Junior's Bombonera is the most intimidating football ground.
See less
Africa has the same problem as Latin America with regards to stadiums. I find the idea of a track field stadium so unappealing for someone watching fooball. When your far from the action an element in the atomosphere is dampened. African and Latin American supporters are far more passionate than Europeans but the conditions and quality of stadiums is what lets us down. Hopefully South Africa can lead the way in not only creating modern facilities (in the form of all seaters and over all...
See more
^^ The Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos, isn't a Football stadium, ad neither is the Surulere Stadium. Both of these stadiums are Multi Purpose stadiums, hence they would be inefficient if they didn't have a track field.

The Nigerian Football Association, recently announced that they plan to build new state of the art stadiums for each team in the Nigerian Premier League. Those stadiums when complete would be football stadiums.

The Teslim Balogun Stadium, is used for athletics events, such as the Mobil Track and field event, and potentially the All Africa Games.

I mean it's not as if Old Trafford, or Stamford Bridge is used for hosting the Olympics, so obviously the stadiums wouldn't have the need for a Track field. The same goes for the "Bombonera" which you made reference to.
See less
^^ The Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos, isn't a Football stadium, ad neither is the Surulere Stadium. Both of these stadiums are Multi Purpose stadiums, hence they would be inefficient if they didn't have a track field.

The Nigerian Football Association, recently announced that they plan to build new state of the art stadiums for each team in the Nigerian Premier League. Those stadiums when complete would be football stadiums.

The Teslim Balogun Stadium, is used for athletics events, such...
See more
^^The Teslim Bagolun Stadium has a 20,000 capacity, so it is too small to serve as the main stadium for the All-Africa Games. Is the Surelere Stadium even falling into disrepair?
^^The Teslim Bagolun Stadium has a 20,000 capacity, so it is too small to serve as the main stadium for the All-Africa Games. Is the Surelere Stadium even falling into disrepair?
See more
20,000? I believe it is 35,000.

It was 20,000 before it was completed this year.

Here is another Picture BTW.

At 35,000 it could still serve as a secondary stadium for an event like the All Africa Games. The event is usually hosted with more than one stadium. The Teslim Balogun stadium is awaiting FIFA, CAF and Olympic listings
See less
20,000? I believe it is 35,000.

It was 20,000 before it was completed this year.

Here is another Picture BTW.

At 35,000 it could still serve as a secondary stadium for an event like the All Africa Games. The event is usually hosted with more than one stadium. The Teslim Balogun stadium is awaiting FIFA, CAF and Olympic listings
See more
The Abuja stadium is great! I'm very impressed! :)
The Abuja stadium is great! I'm very impressed! :)
See more
Ahh okay, so the fields can't be used for football? I hope the NFA has alot of money to spend because building some 10 new stadiums doesn't come cheap. Africa in genneral needs more European style stadiums, fans close to the pitch.

The Teslim Balogun Stadium, is used for athletics events, such as the Mobil Track and field event, and potentially the All Africa Games.

I mean it's not as if Old Trafford, or Stamford Bridge is used for hosting the Olympics, so obviously the stadiums wouldn't have the need for a Track field. The same goes for the "Bombonera" which you made reference to.
See less
Ahh okay, so the fields can't be used for football? I hope the NFA has alot of money to spend because building some 10 new stadiums doesn't come cheap. Africa in genneral needs more European style stadiums, fans close to the pitch.
^^ The Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos, isn't a Football stadium, ad neither is the Surulere Stadium. Both of these stadiums are Multi Purpose stadiums, hence they would be inefficient if they didn't have a track...
See more
they have always ahd the money to build brand new stadiums but corruption has been eatin it up..still i'm impressed with what the NFA has done with many stadiums in nigeria. When i was in Calabar they ahd renovated the calabar rovers stadiums..looks amazing
they have always ahd the money to build brand new stadiums but corruption has been eatin it up..still i'm impressed with what the NFA has done with many stadiums in nigeria. When i was in Calabar they ahd renovated the calabar rovers stadiums..looks amazing
See more
stadiums morocco

The Grand Stade de Casablanca will serve as Morocco’s national stadium. Upon its completion in march of 2009, the Grand Stade will be the most modern and luxurious stadium in Africa.

See less
stadiums morocco

The Grand Stade de Casablanca will serve as Morocco’s national stadium. Upon its completion in march of 2009, the Grand Stade will be the most modern and luxurious stadium in Africa.

See more
Wow, those Stadiums are stunning.:applause: :applause: :applause:

Morocco should consider hosting the World Cup in the Future.

Yes I said World Cup.

Great Post Marocboy.
Wow, those Stadiums are stunning.:applause: :applause: :applause:

Morocco should consider hosting the World Cup in the Future.

Yes I said World Cup.

Great Post Marocboy.
See more
41 - 60 of 355 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.