SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
40,875 Posts
still too much dominated by South Africa!

Nigeria is more present now but not much enough!

Botswana suprised me given the fact that the country is so small!

However, there is no company from Ghana if I checked it correctly and only one comapny from Senegal coming in at position 74! which runs contradictory to those listing you get in jeune afrique which features Ivorian companies pretty high.

It is a bit weird that there is no comapny from Angola which might be due to the fact that there is still no stock exchange!

it would be interesting to see how the list will look like in 10 years or so.

·
Banned
9 Posts
still too much dominated by South Africa!

Nigeria is more present now but not much enough!

Botswana suprised me given the fact that the country is so small!

However, there is no company from Ghana if I checked it correctly and only one comapny from Senegal coming in at position 74! which runs contradictory to those listing you get in jeune afrique which features Ivorian companies pretty high.

It is a bit weird that there is no comapny from Angola which might be due to the fact that there is still no stock exchange!

it would be interesting to see how the list will look like in 10 years or so.

I am suprised that Algeria has no companies in the list 200..

You are right over Angola in 10 years when the have modernised their economy etc, I think they will have a lot of companies in the 200 list..

·
Registered
14,977 Posts
I counted only 12 non South African companies in the top 50. I also counted as many Morrocan companies as Egyptian and more than Nigeria.

So shouldn't the top 50 be like this

1. South Africa
2.Egypt, Morroco
3. Nigeria/Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe's ranked at 32 and Nigeria's 46)

Also maybe I counted this too quickly but I counted the same number of Nigerian and Morrocan companies in the top 200. 15 a piece.

·
Banned
9 Posts
South Africa has 100 companies in the 200 list.

Egypt has 43 companies in the 200 list

Nigeria has 23 companies in the 200 list

Morocco has 20 companies in the 200 list

Keny has 5 companies in the 200 list

Botswana has 4 companies in the 200 list.

Mauritius has 3 companies in the 200 list.

Tunisa has 2 companies in the 200 list.

Senegal has 1 company in the 200 list.

Zimbabwe has 1 company in the 200 list.

·
Registered
14,977 Posts
South Africa has 100 companies in the 200 list.

Egypt has 43 companies in the 200 list

Nigeria has 21 companies in the 200 list

Morocco has 20 companies in the 200 list

Keny has 5 companies in the 200 list

Botswana has 4 companies in the 200 list.

Mauritius has 3 companies in the 200 list.

Tunisa has 2 companies in the 200 list.

Senegal has 1 company in the 200 list.

Zimbabwe has 1 company in the 200 list.
Ah, my bad, just realized I only took into account the first 150 companies.

·
Registered
40,875 Posts
I counted only 12 non South African companies in the top 50. I also counted as many Morrocan companies as Egyptian and more than Nigeria.

1. South Africa
2.Egypt, Morroco

Also maybe I counted this too quickly but I counted the same number of Nigerian and Morrocan companies in the top 200. 15 a piece
Alex r, I wouldn´t expect another answer coming from you, very subtle but I undertood! but never mind..

Thnaks Mister79 for pushing things into perspective by checking the list thoroughly

·
PAN AFRICAN
3,127 Posts

1. South Africa
2.Egypt, Morroco

Also maybe I counted this too quickly but I counted the same number of Nigerian and Morrocan companies in the top 200. 15 a piece.
Whats your pont, you can't just do without pointing to those petty competitions. You just want to see a very stretching lead between Nigeria and South Africa. (To you SA should be far ahead of Nigeria)

How Long did it take you to realise that the topic says Africa's Top 200 Companies Alex, I don't care what you or anybody say here but your writings are too competitive and kind of anti-Nigerian to an extent.

You've got some issues within you which you need to resolve by yourself.

Ah, my bad, just realized I only took into account the first 150 companies.
But the Topic says "Africa's Top 200 Companies" not top 150

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
hmmm Wow. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
17,043 Posts
This shows just how much Africa, outside SA, is behind the rest of the world. Not even Ghana could manage a company in this list.

I dont agree with branches of foreign firms being included in this list.

10 years time, you will see a big jump in Nigerian and Kenyan banks. And then there is he small matter of Angola.

·
PAN AFRICAN
3,127 Posts
If that list was rolled out say 8 years ago, only south African and North African Companies will be on it.

Nigeria started putting his house together say about 5 -6 years ago, and is able to have 21 companies on there. We should see that as an achievement .

Nigeria has got the potential to produce 40 percent of the total list be it the first 50, 100 or 200 beacuse of her huge popoulation

·
Registered
14,977 Posts
Whats your pont, you can't just do without pointing to those petty competitions. You just want to see a very stretching lead between Nigeria and South Africa. (To you SA should be far ahead of Nigeria)

How Long did it take you to realise that the topic says Africa's Top 200 Companies Alex, I don't care what you or anybody say here but your writings are too competitive and kind of anti-Nigerian to an extent.

It's called a mistake, not sure if you've ever committed one, but I do so on a regular basis. So from all the flawed people on the planet, give me a break.

Jesus, the insecurity instilled in some is unbelievable.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
If that list was rolled out say 8 years ago, only south African and North African Companies will be on it.

Nigeria started putting his house together say about 5 -6 years ago, and is able to have 21 companies on there. We should see that as an achievement .

Nigeria has got the potential to produce 40 percent of the total list be it the first 50, 100 or 200 beacuse of her huge popoulation
Sammy, you just made a mistake too.There are 23 Nigerian companies there.The positions are: 46,55,76,79,90,91,98,104,107,109,110,121,130,137,141,151,152,153,171,178,184,189 and 199.

I think there`s no human above mistakes.

·
Registered
13,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It is true Nigeria has 23.

Algeria has bigger economy then Morocco, but still they have
no companies in the 200 big companies list..

That surprised me..

·
PAN AFRICAN
3,127 Posts
Sammy, you just made a mistake too.There are 23 Nigerian companies there.The positions are: 46,55,76,79,90,91,98,104,107,109,110,121,130,137,141,151,152,153,171,178,184,189 and 199.

I think there`s no human above mistakes.

If you read my post properly, my emphasis is on the competitiveness in Alex post not the mistake. of course qwe all make mistakes. There should not be any kind of competition in this. It is good enough that Africa can boast of multi billion dollars companies but we shouldn't make a competition out of it.

·
Expert
1,830 Posts

Calm yourself please! :bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

ALEX RONEY PLEASE IGNORE THEM AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
:banana::banana:

1 - 20 of 96 Posts