Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rogue senator Jacqui Lambie aims her missiles at China: She fears a ‘Chinese communist invasion’

ROGUE senator Jacqui Lambie has unleashed an astonishing attack on China, declaring Australia should have missiles ready to launch in a bid to stop our grandchildren becoming “slaves” to a *“Chinese communist invasion”.

The aggressive slur on Australia’s biggest trading partner followed her PUP leader Clive Palmer’s racist rant in which he called the Chinese government “mongrels” who kill their own people.

CHINA HITS BACK AT CLIVE’S RANT

Last night the Chinese Embassy labelled the pair’s words “absurd and irresponsible”.

“We believe that a sound China-Australian relationship serves the fundamental interests of both countries. It is and will always be supported by the two peoples,” an embassy statement said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/rogue-senator-jacqui-lambie-aims-her-missiles-at-china-she-fears-a-chinese-communist-invasion/story-fni0cx12-1227030005914

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily call the Chinese government "mongrels" but they are horrific when it comes to human rights.

·
Watch my Chops
6,055 Posts
I know, it seems just cause they are powerful that all of that can be ignored. Yet our Govt blackmarks other dictatorships like Burma and North Korea.
China isn't anything close to resembling a dictatorship...

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Yes it is.... The Chinese President and Premier is chosen by the Communist Party, who has a monopoly on political power in the system. The Premier is not chosen by the people, and has the ability to dictate policy regardless of popular public opinion. If this is not a dictatorship, what is?

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Childish and naive comments in my view made by the Palmer United Party about Australia possibly being invaded by China. Their only motive is to bring down both the Queensland and Federal Governments and make Australia a laughing stock because of it.

They will certainly appear towards the end of my preferences should they run for election in my area at any level.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What ever you want to call it, I think the Chinese are doing a decent job of providing and improving the standard of living for their 1.35 billion citizens and our citizens indirectly by creating the mining boom in our country.

Their belief system is somewhat different to ours focusing on the community more, rather than the individual.

At the end of the day, there way of life and day to day function is very similar to ours.

As for dictatorships, I sometimes think Iraq would be better off if Saddam was left in power considering what the place is today.

It's irresponsible of this fat cat who has made his fortune on the back of the Chinese to now use his public position as a platform for personal reasons to attack the Chinese now they have caught him out cheating in business dealings.

·
Registered
588 Posts
You are delusional.

Mass executions, forced abortions, recent genocide, all other political parties banned, in recent years discoveries of slave labour in mines and factories. I could go on.

The only reason they get away with it is because they're powerful. Burma doesn't get away with it on the political and economic front because they're weak.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
You are delusional.

Mass executions, forced abortions, recent genocide, all other political parties banned, in recent years discoveries of slave labour in mines and factories. I could go on.

The only reason they get away with it is because they're powerful. Burma doesn't get away with it on the political and economic front because they're weak.
No bodies perfect, but baseless accusations like the ones mentioned above and from the PUPs are just made by the misinformed and those that want to cut the tall poppy down.

The Chinese as a nation are in most ways already better global citizen than Australia. Having the largest developing population on earth, they have taken real steps in cutting their green house gas emissions with the implementation of massive hydro, nuclear and wind farm project.

In less than 40 years they have slashed poverty from 85% of the population in the early 1980s to around 10% today.

China if anything should be getting awards from the UN for its humanitarian work not slagged off by some filthy rich business man turned politician who has an axe to grind.

·
Registered
12,936 Posts
Hegemonic. # The Chinese as a nation are in most ways already better global citizen than Australia. Having the largest developing population on earth, they have taken real steps in cutting their green house gas emissions with the implementation of massive hydro, nuclear and wind farm project.

repeat after me...I am delusional, I am delusional, I am delusional...but then, if you truly believe...
heck...all is lost !

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry facts are facts, it's so easy to be an armchair critic with these matters and just regurgitate amnesty international war stories when it suits our needs.

The Chinese have come along way since the days of Tienanmen square 25 years ago which you are all probably thinking of.

There is no need to demonize this race just because they are making amazing progress and some in the community are fearful e.g. "we should have missiles ready to launch in a bit to stop our grand children becoming slaves to the Chinese"

Like I said they are already better most western nations ways in progress with regard to the e.g. public transport systems, environmental management, education, so why us as a western nation do we feel we have the right to chose to focus on the few negatives of other cultures.

We see our selves as the paramount culture that all others should aspire to.

·
Crazy young doge man
2,697 Posts
You are delusional.

But at least they don't hunt our whales.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.