SkyscraperCity banner

1921 - 1928 of 1928 Posts

·
Registered
8,048 Posts
Around 3 weeks after I suggested a rate 40 announcement Airbus leaks a rate 30-40 announcement.

This is too late, they should have gone rate 40 3 weeks back with the option to go as low as rate 25. By the end of this month they will be losing a customer a day and their order book will be evaporating...for want of a better description. :(

Looking back a year the THEN combined Airbus and Boeing rate announcements were for a demand for near 200 CFM engines a month by now, and a few P&W units, just for new narrowbody jets. If CFM actually ship more than 70 engines in May I will be amazed. :(

·
Registered
8,048 Posts

·
Registered
8,048 Posts

Manufacturers usually insist an airline takes delivery of jets that have been built, while showing flexibility on delivery dates of planes yet to be produced, especially for top clients.

Although “pop-up” sales of unwanted aircraft are not new, they rarely involve high-profile customers and typically include the manufacturer keeping the deposit, the sources said. Airbus declined to comment on whether it had done so this time.

“It is a harsh step to take,” said one source, speaking on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the matter.
I doubt if the large Air Asia orders booked by Airbus are anything but complete fiction now....but Airbus will do anything rather than admit reality when it comes to their order books. :(

1921 - 1928 of 1928 Posts