Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 915 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if such thread exists so I will take the time to creat one since I am studying aviation and work in the field as well.

Some great news from Poland, as already announced months back, LOT will aquire 8 Boeing 787s starting in 2008. Originally these planes were supposed to replace the 7 767s in the fleet, however the airline authorities have made a decision to simply 'reinforce' the long hault fleet by the 787s. 3 of the 7 767's (oldest ones) will be replaced, however 4 Boeing 767-300ER aircraft will remain in LOTs fleet. This means that LOT will have a fleet of:

8 Boeing 787s
4 Boeing 767s

This is all due to a new program and future expansion plans which include exoanding into the Asian marker and becoming stronger in the North American market! Great news for us, such plans have been long awaited as LOT is loosing out BIG TIME right now!

Also, additional 4 B787s will join the fleet until 2012 ... so the future hopefully looks promising for LOT!

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
Rassian "Aeroflot" signed cotracts on buying 22 Boeing 787 Dreamliner, 22 Airbus 350 XWB, 10Airbus 330-200 and 45 Sukhoi SuperJet-100

"Siberian Airlines" ("S7") signed contracts on buying 15 Boeing 787 Dreamliner and 25 Airbus 320

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good! Such large country as Russia should have airlines with well developed fleets. It is about time Central and Eastern European Airlines started developing their airlines! Malev, CSA .... you're next!:cheers:

·
Banned
972 Posts
Bulgaria Air just signed on for 543 A380s. We're a super big country so you know, it makes sense. :)

·
25,693 Posts
Rassian "Aeroflot" signed cotracts on buying 22 Boeing 787 Dreamliner, 22 Airbus 350 XWB, 10Airbus 330-200 and 45 Sukhoi SuperJet-100

"Siberian Airlines" ("S7") signed contracts on buying 15 Boeing 787 Dreamliner and 25 Airbus 320
I don't really get it, why they'll operate the the 787s and the 350 XWBs parallelly... Naturally I could say some reasons, but still I think this was rather a political decision than an economic one...

·
25,693 Posts
Good! Such large country as Russia should have airlines with well developed fleets. It is about time Central and Eastern European Airlines started developing their airlines! Malev, CSA .... you're next!:cheers:
Actually MALEV for its size, has a pretty modern fleat... All NG 737s, and new CRJs. Only the Fokkers and the 3 767s (2 767-200, and a 767-300ER) needed to be replaced wiht 787s (IMO) badly...

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Boy, this thread died! Let's give it a new lease of life!
Bulgaria Air is supposed to be the Bulgaria’s “national” carrier, but its ownership is very unclear meaning the money comes from nobody knows where most likely money laundering we are talking about here. Kind of like the new Russian billionaires that nobody knows where their money comes from. Well I know, everybody’s savings! Hah-hah, big secret!
I would show you the logo if their web site works! How typical!
But I would be interested to read about the EE national airlines!

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
Aerosvit to buy up to 14 new 737-800NG planes, first 7 confirmed for 2011-2012, then has purchase rights for 7 more during 2008-2015.

P.S. How is LOT doing on the "Open Sky" program? I am really pissed off at our government, they don't want to allow low-cost carriers into Ukraine to avoid competition with Aerosvit and others. How's the situation in Poland?

·
Banned
20,777 Posts
Poland is part of EU, and it has effectively had OpenSky shoved up its ass:D
Today, all major European low-cost carriers fly in & out of Poland with virtually no restrictions - Ryanair, EasyJet, Centralwings, SkyEurope, WizzAir, etc.

Ukraine is in the same boat as Serbia. We're hoping that next year, Serbia will sign the Open Sky agreements, which should bring more competition and lower fares to consumers:yes:

Good news about these NG's:eek:kay:

·
Regisztrált felhasználó
2,101 Posts
Malév Hungarian Airlines current fleet:

Boeing 767-300ER (1 piece) - 229 seats
Boeing 767-200ER (2 pieces) - 185 seats
Boeing 737-800 NG (5 pieces) - 180 and 168 seats
Boeing 737-700 NG (7 pieces)- 119 seats
Boeing 737-600 NG (6 pieces) - 102 seats
Fokker 70 (5 pieces) - 72 seats
CRJ 200 ER (4 pieces) - 50 seats

The 767s are used for intercontinental flights (New York, Toronto, Bangkok) :cheers:

·
Euro Mod
17,277 Posts
I had the pleasure to see part of MALEV's fleet at Ferihegy, in July... very good fleet. New (especially the 737s), well maintained, aircraft and a very nice livery. I'm fond of this airline. Maybe I'll post some pictures, though they're very poor. :(

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
I had the pleasure to see part of MALEV's fleet at Ferihegy, in July... very good fleet. New (especially the 737s), well maintained, aircraft and a very nice livery. I'm fond of this airline. Maybe I'll post some pictures, though they're very poor. :(
Every single piece in this country in the field of aviation(apart from traffic control)is owned by foreigners:)

·
Euro Mod
17,277 Posts
Yeah, MALEV, Ferihegy and other... but I wouldn't be too worried... maybe being a student of Economics kinda makes me seeing the industry as strictly business, and as long as it's run well, I don't see the problem.

From what I've heard and seen, BAA, for example, does a good job at Ferihegy.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
Yeah, MALEV, Ferihegy and other... but I wouldn't be too worried... maybe being a student of Economics kinda makes me seeing the industry as strictly business, and as long as it's run well, I don't see the problem.

apart from that the spanish owner dont pay tax in Hungary,it is fine...
I was thinking the other day...govs issues projects to the companies that bid the best offer...how can foreign ones make better ones,than local companies? Locals pay tax in the same country,pay local workers,who pay tax there,and buy stuff that is again,tax income...but a foreigner pays tax "at home",maybe have some foreign workforce,which is again,less tax income...why cant govs see this???

·
25,693 Posts

The new owner is essen based Hochtief Airport Ag... BAA sold Budapest Airport after the takeover by spanish side Ferrovial...

·
Euro Mod
17,277 Posts
They don't necesarily go for the best overall deal, but for the one with the best quality/price ratio, or sometimes, even the cheapest one... they generally don't seem to think in the long term. And you also have to admit, that some countries are way better at certain things than our EE countries, because they have tradition and we're generally facing the issues we face today... some 10-20-30 years ago. One good example in BAA. Does Hungary have the level of expertise needed to run a competitive airport in the EU? I don't think so... at least, not at this moment.

LE: oh, I wasn't aware of BAA selling Ferihegy.

1 - 20 of 915 Posts